Pedalboard effects order suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard effects order suggestions.

I am going to pull everything off my pedal board to work on some power options. I am wondering if any of you have effects order suggestions for when I put it back together. I am pretty cool with the signal chain but any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Pedalboard effects order suggestions.

I actually like using my boosts after my overdrive/distortion pedals, but thats about the one thing I'd change if I had that board. Before the drive will boost the gain, and putting it after will boost the volume/fatten up the sound without increasing the level of gain.

If you are using the Eventide H9 for effects (chorus and stuff) you should try it out at least once before your gain, it's a completely different sound on some effects. I really like pre-gain for stuff like phasers and chorus, whereas tremelo and flanger I like to have after the gain. Not everyone's cup of tea, but definitely worth a try.

Also that Ventilator is a cool as hell pedal. I want one.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

What is in the loop ? A Triskelion oooooh ! We all want a Ventilator Timmy. I always put my wah pretty close to the front , if anything compression before it or my Microvibe it doesn't play well further back in the chain.If it was me all that modulation would be in the loop ,H9 ,Carbon copy, Vent , Space,DD4,PitchFactor. I always put my volume pedal before my tuner too , moving the Freq boost on the other side of the distortion might be a good idea. I am sure you have played with where you put stuff and are better at it then I am but trying something different can lead to surprises that are interesting to say the least.
      Originally posted by Oinkus
      I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
        If you are using the Eventide H9 for effects (chorus and stuff) you should try it out at least once before your gain, it's a completely different sound on some effects.
        I am going to give that a try.

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
        Also that Ventilator is a cool as hell pedal. I want one.
        One of my favorite pedals. The Ventilator just sounds better tthan any other rotery effect I have ever heard.

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
        moving the Freq boost on the other side of the distortion might be a good idea.
        The Triskelion is also an overdrive so I get to play with the pre/post distortion thing. The Triskelion and the BBE together is a beast of a tone. Very ZZ Top

Comment

Now there is a Mini Vent I just saw this morning ! Dweezil had 3 Triskelions on his board at one point
          Originally posted by Oinkus
          I had Big Flannel over here the other night , cleaned up his Tele and did some setup on it , took out the camera and set it down on the desk. I am easily distrac

Comment

No suggestions on the order, but just a comment: that is a fantastic collection of effects you have there!
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Unless you are going for something odd….

Gain up front, lower to higher
              Ambience in the loop, delay, swirl, verb
              Eq or boost where it needs to be

A list of FX and purpose you use them would be helpful as well as the amp.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Oinkus View Post
                Now there is a Mini Vent I just saw this morning ! Dweezil had 3 Triskelions on his board at one point
                That is how I came across it. I have been chasing Frank's tone for years. I got a Systech clone it was pretty good but noisy. Triskelion is a monster not only for for tone but also gain.

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                No suggestions on the order, but just a comment: that is a fantastic collection of effects you have there!
                Thanks man. I almost have the board exactly where I want it.

Comment

Isn't there a ton of redundancy with this board? How many time based effects do you have?!?!? How can you possible use them all?
                  Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by zenmindbeginner View Post
                    Isn't there a ton of redundancy with this board? How many time based effects do you have?!?!? How can you possible use them all?
                    I use two delays a lot or will mix chorus with flange. The Ventilator and the Space sound beautiful together. I never have them on all at the same time but everything on the board gets used.

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                    Unless you are going for something odd….

Gain up front, lower to higher
                    Ambience in the loop, delay, swirl, verb
                    Eq or boost where it needs to be

A list of FX and purpose you use them would be helpful as well as the amp.
                    Here is the path -

Tuner
                    TWA Triskelion - notch boost/overdrive
                    BBE Freq Boost - Overdrive Boost
                    SoundBlox Classic Distortion - dirt and EQ
                    Eventide H9 - Mostly Chorus/Flange but also Ring Mod a bit of everything
                    Carbon Copy - Multi tap long delays
                    Boss DD6 - Slapback
                    Ventilator - Rotary effects
                    MOOG MF-108 - Flange very occasionally chorus
                    Eventide Space - Reverbs occasionally delays
                    Eventide PitchFactor - 12 string effects, detuning, Whammy Effects
                    Morley, Vol/Wha
                    Expression Pedal - controls Eventide PitchFactor

I use various amps. None of them have a loop.

Comment

Working...
                    X