This should be fun. Beano boost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This should be fun. Beano boost.

I found this on the shelf during a casual visit to my local music swap shop. Of course i had to have it.
    Not had a chance to try it yet at stage volume, but i have a gig tonight so ill plug it into my JTM style clone and and let it rip.
    So far, just a quick strum at mousefart volume its pretty inspiring. I really dig the mid boost.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Re: This should be fun. Beano boost.

Really, really awesome pedal, you should enjoy it, I love mine!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Love the Beano!!!

Which tranny did you get??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Beano boost is a great pedal, though sometimes I prefer the Naga Viper due to its versatility.
        But the Beano is way up there!!!
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bfgrangemaster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	5781372

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
            Love the Beano!!!

Yeah, I'd like to know that too.
            Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I was unaware that you could get different trannies for the Beano ... interesting.

The solo in the middle of this clip was done with a Strat and the Beano Boost going into a Champ. Mix is a WIP, so excuse the rough and ready nature of it!

Comment

^^
                Love that lead. Beano into a Champ is a winner!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire View Post
                  Love the Beano!!!

2n something (i cant remember the rest of the digitsm but im pretty sure there is only one starting with 2n). Whatever the stock one is these days. It was built in 2009.

Plugged it in at lats nights gig. Pretty cool. Made my leads really scream. Noisy as heck, and made everything on the verge of feedback but whatever, it sounds cool. We were all pretty loud. The amp was already cooking.
                  I could get pretty well every note to bloom into harmonic feedback so that was rad. I ended up using the regular treble boost setting after trying all 3. I reckon ill get a lot of use out of it.
                  Last edited by Chickenwings; 10-25-2014, 03:18 AM.
                  "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                    ^^
                    Love that lead. Beano into a Champ is a winner!
                    Thanks, man. Yeah, it's surpringly warm sounding considering there's enough top end boost to give one a haircut!

Comment

2n404...very cool!

If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i opened it up and had a look. 2n527. dunno if thats good or bad as far as these pedals go, but i like the sound of the pedal fo sho.
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The 527s and the 404s are pretty similar and very good! I've seen several 2n527 Sunfaces but never a Beano...very cool!!

Comment

This thread made me curious, so I opened up my Beano. The tranny says:
                            CV7003
                            NQ6843

Whatever that means!!

Comment

This be where you gets the infoz.

"Up to mid 2008, we usually used selected British (not the terrible USA version) Newmarket NKT275 germanium transistors which we used in our SUNFACE fuzz as we had a lot of them in stock. We also got some Mullard black OC-44 transistors to try from a supplier, as most people are using these in their rangemaster clones. With careful selection, I A-Bd them and they sound very close to the NKTS but not as quiet. So we use these OC-44s sometimes now. The OC-44s don't look like the old yellow or glass Mullards, nobody has the real deal NOS Mullards. We heard from someone in the UK that in the 1960s some Rangemasters came with NKT transistors.

In 2008 we got a batch of transistors in from the UK that are perfect for the Beano Boost. These are CV7003 which is the military version of the OC44. We also have some cool old 1960s USA made General Electric transistors that we use, Chuck from moe. seems to like these a lot. We ran out of the NKT275 transistors in 2011, they were a little low gain for the Beanos but a lot of people liked them. The OC-44, CV7003, or GE transistors are perfect for the Beano Boost, so we use those transistors now.

We also have some really cool 1960s Japanese 2SB transistors that we are using for our standard germanium (non NKT) Sunfaces. These are a little brighter and fuzzier than the NKTs, and cannot get totally clean. The 2SB is a little darker and woolier than the TI/UK. We also have some awesome 1960s General Electric USA made germanium transistors, a 2N type, that we often use. We use either of these in the generic germanium option of our mods..."

Boo-yah!!
                              Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Working...
                              X