banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once you go stereo...you don't go back !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Once you go stereo...you don't go back !

Finally got around to doing a stereo setup as my Boss Tera Echo has stereo ouputs. It was a revelation..there is no way I can EVER go back to one amp. I finally got that room filling sound I have always wanted, even at low volumes.

I put my Ampeg Reverb Rocket 50 watt 2x12 at one end of the room and either my 1976 Ampeg VT-22 120 watt 2x12 combo or Ampeg GVT15H into ported Peavey 1x15 cab at the other end of the room. It is awesome!!! delay in stereo sounds amazing and Univibe is also way better with this setup... I always keep my Malekko Sloika on with low gain/gritty clean and tuned my Ibanez Artist to C standard and it sounds way fuller...The Reverb Rocket is more chimey and clear while the VT-22 or GVT15H are more dark and thick/low mid heavy sounding so it balances out for a really full sound.

Anyone thinking of trying this should do it ASAP ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_ne9wmfFePS1ra4drso1_500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	5834996
    Last edited by SongsForTheDeaf; 10-30-2014, 11:07 PM.
    Guitar- Fender Starcaster/Ibanez Artist in CGCGCC tuning
    Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
    Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Re: Once you go stereo...you don't go back !

Even the new Magnatone Stereo Twighlighter is supposed to be mindblowing ... and that's with two 12" speakers in the same cabinet! I don't doubt that your rig fills the room gloriously!
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I agree.

Comment

Yep.
        green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Juicy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Lovin it!
          Pedals-Whammy V, Micro Pog, Morley Volume, Bass Big Muff P,Malekko Sloika, Polytune,Boss Tera Echo,Boss RC-3 Looper,Boss Space Echo, Radial ABY
          Amp- [Stereo Setup] Ampeg Reverb Rocket 2x12 Combo + 1960s Script logo Traynor YBA-1 head->Peavey ported 1x15

Comment

two amps can sound amazing but not always practical live. i do it for trio gigs when i can but thats about it. too much to haul, setup, and mic but also sound guys usually cant mix for **** with one amp let alone two.

for the trio gigs i use two it makes the rotosphere sound incredible

Comment

I went stereo for a while, but went back. Like jeremy, it was just too much of a PITA to carry around all the stuff. There are some effects that just sound ridiculously better in stereo though.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^ Chorus and reverb.

I play at home, so no lugging needed.....but I can see how it would be a pain.
                Attached Files

Comment

It's a bad deal live unless you've got a really trusty sound guy.
                  Otherwise, you'll just be complicating something he doesn't give a pig's ass about getting right.
                  Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
                  Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
                  Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
                  Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

That sound guy should just keep his mics the **** away from my cabs anyway.

Comment

I was looking for some new thang to play around with this weekend...thanks!
                      sigpic

Comment

I like stereo so much I got a rack...

Triaxis & 2:90 with 2 Theile cabs with EV's. 2 H9's and Lexicon PCM81 between the Pre and power amps.

Comment

Originally posted by Empty Pockets View Post
                          That sound guy should just keep his mics the **** away from my cabs anyway.
                          Yeah exactly... For smaller clubs/bars I could get away with just cranking both amps anyways. Bigger rooms may be a problem though but I don't care about lugging extra because at the end of the day its a backup amp if you need it too. Sh*t happens!

Comment

Ok, this
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1532.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	5781499

Comment

^ Nothing I like better than a nice wall of sound.

I'm not sure what the technical term for this is, but here's my favorite setup:

The Orange is powering the outer 2 stacks while the Sunn powers the two cabs in the center. Kept the trick-or-treaters away last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X