problem with EH soul food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with EH soul food

I just picked up a soul food. I brought it home went to hook it up and nothing. I am using the adapter that it came with. After messing with it a little I can get distorted sounds out of it. But there is no bypassed signal at all. Everything is hooked up right. Could it be a problem with the switch?

Re: problem with EH soul food

Yes. If it's new, take it back.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

When you say that there's no bypassed signal at all, do you mean when you hit the footswitch there's no signal, or that there's no "true" bypass? The reason I ask is that there's an internal switch to select between "buffered" and "true bypass" modes.

Comment

The one I bought was defective, so that it only worked in troo bypazz mode when it was stood on its head. With the little internal slide switch in buffered mode, it worked fine.

First, check to make sure the little slide switch is in one position or the other, not in the middle. Then try the other position. If it doesn't work 100%, send it back.
        Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
        Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I just exchanged it. I tried both buffered and true bypass settings but I never could get it to work properly. When the effect was on it worked fine but when ever I would turn it off all sound would cut out completely. I went through 3 more in the store to test them out and one more did the same thing and another only worked in true bypass mode.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I really want to like the new EHX dirt boxes, I love what they're doing as far as cost/tone, but manufacturing quality seems to be an issue. They need to take a good hard look at that bypass switch/daughterboard assembly.
            Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
            Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

I got one recently, mine seems fine, but this isn't the first time I've seen someone have problems with quality control issues. Makes me nervous because I like the pedal.

Comment

Working...
              X