Overdrive Overload

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overdrive Overload

A lot of companies make minor tweaks to pedals that are already in existence and repackage them as something new, and some try to pack more versatility into them.

It's a good thing, an individual can really satisfy that itch for a specific sound in their head.
    Tons of video reviews and 60-day return policies out there as well, not much risk on behalf of the consumer.

Comment

Try an EQ instead of an OD or Dist box to push your amp's natural distortion even further, and be able to shape it.

Comment

Overdrive Overload

Yeah, it's amazing how many times a tube screamer / super overdrive circuit has been redone. Same with the Rat and Distortion+.

I've done my fair share of DIY work so I have no problem modding a pedal myself. I'll be doing that with the DS-1 I just snagged. Done plenty of mods on those before.

Having a lot of offerings is good for those that don't mod their pedals. Somebody has already done the mods and then some, called it something else put it up for sale.
        Last edited by ErikH; 11-14-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Meh. I tend to think that there's a lot of emperors new clothing going on with regards to overdrive pedals. Sure you can hear a slight difference when playing one back to back with another . . . but if I was playing out somewhere and someone swapped the guts of my pedal for a slightly different sounding one I doubt I'd even notice.
          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Oh I know there are thousands of OD & Distortion pedals out there, from 20.00-500.00. I have tried literally over 250 of them over the last 25+ years, and have been very happy w/several, inexpensive & high dollar, and although yes, you do have DIY kits, the DOM is so much more versatile, they are built to order, and there are 2 different voicing chip's to choose from, 3 settings for tone & gain modes, so while yes, it boils down to personal preference, my new DOM is so much more than just an overdrive, it lives up to its name..Dynamic Overdrive Machine. You can adjust it for slight change, or turn one channel into 2, its that Awesome!!! I'm going to do a demo on it soon. It really is an Awesome Pedal!!
            Last edited by FarmhouseGuitars; 11-16-2014, 01:02 PM.
            Using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X