Reverb vs Delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reverb vs Delay

I use delay for medal tones so it makes it seem like I'm playing faster than I actually am lol

Comment

Still experimenting personally... slight reverb- but like the delay... what is a good delay for fattening the sound without the 'nasial' sound of the digitals and programing BS? ~~ But can go deep enough for Lucy in the Sky type and you can Stack with other pedals???... (Yeah I'm old), but not that damn almost tremolo surf sound...and CLEAN- NO HISS or tapping/clicking sound when you put it with your over drive while its sitting there? Just a good basic one??? Anyone? I'm using HBs: JB/SL solid body....

Comment

Touch of reverb and two different delay's as needed.

Comment

I only play in my shop these days. Love a lot of reverb. Alway have. Having some slapback delay fun since I built the Tele. But, I'm way more a reverb guy.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Minimal reverb most of the time (1.5, ~2.5 max) for rhythm.

I like the same reverb with mild to medium delay for most leads. The only time I'll use more is for acoustic guitar if needed for mood. It's important for me to be able to hear the technique of the player, which means individual notes and nuances. So I wouldn't use any effect that makes everyone sound the same...
            Mesa/Boogie MkIII+ & MkIVb + Mark Series Stack
            Marshall JVM410H
            Charvel 650 Custom-EMG 85/SLV/SLV+SPC
            Charvel San Dimas I Koa USA BKP + Style 1 2H - JB/'59, Jackson Soloist Pro MIJ
            ESP Eclipse II EMG 81/60 + Viper Urban Camo + JH-600 SPC (2)
            Carvin DC400CA + DC127T Koa - DD/'59
            Fender Custom Yngwie Strat - Seafoam Green w/rosewood, Fender Yngwie Strat - Sonic Blue w/maple, Fender Telecaster
            Charvel 475 Deluxe + 475 Exotic PATB set
            Ibanez UV7BK, B.C. Rich Eagle - Evo2/Air Norton

Comment

I usually play a dry signal, with exception of a bit of delay for leads, or if I'm putting something in the very back of the mix so that part sounds like it is a thousand miles away. Otherwise everything is dry: Bass, drums, guitars, vocals, etc, but I add a splash of reverb to the entire mix so that the reverb levels between tracks are all the same, with the exception of parts with a bit of delay on them, which sound even farther away. If you add enough reverb, it can give a cool Defenders of the Faith sound.

Comment

Working...
              X