Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexi in the House!

And I did not even know it.

That wampler thread that got bumped earlier got my curiosity up and for S&G's I just slaved my Bogner Blue Pedal into the loop of my Tubemeister 18 and was absolutely floored. There is some level mismatch so I had to run the volume and gain full up on the pedal, but jeebus this sounds better than any of the amps I own by themselves.

Here is a quick clip- My new Les Paul Trad with ' 59 Tributes (hence the abundance of Zeppelin), and no other pedals used. Sorry for the little re-tuning bit mid swing, I've got a dead set of D'addarios on there that are not holding tune anymore.

At first is just the straight signal- neutral clean tone, then I kick in the pedal- no "boost" was used on the pedal. Blue mode, variac off, PreB1, 101 Structure

I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: Plexi in the House!

I love the handling noise at the head of all your clips lol.

Man, that's a glorious 70s crunchy Marshall type of tone going on. What speaker you using again?
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I have it sounding much better now after a couple of hours of tweaking.

The zoom recorder has this little teeny record button, so I have to press it, then set the zoom down. I know..cheesey.

Its the EVH/Heritage G12m.
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

The sound dreams are made of.

Comment

Cool tones we like the same stuff I just did a quick recording with my twin/Bogner blue boost off using a cheaper vocal mic at bed room levels. need some tweeking.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Last edited by ken361; 11-24-2014, 08:10 AM.
          tone slut
          Marshall DSL 40C
          Fender EVH Striped Series
          Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
          Fender Squier Tele Affinity
          Mogami cables

Comment

I hear 2112, Jailbreak too.

Bring It On Home. Communication Breakdown.

Now that's thinking outside the box... sounds like a plexi!

Comment

That sounds really cool. Those Bogner pedals are essentially a preamp so running it straight to the effects return or power amp in makes sense to do.

Comment

sounds totally righteous!

I should try the loop thing with my OCD and see what happens.

Comment

The OCD won't work the same. It's just an overdrive circuit without any eq'ing other than the tone control. The Bogner pedals have the gain structure, tone stack and other options that can be found on an amp's preamp.

Comment

you're not the boss of me! you can't tell me what to do!

Comment

Then try and it hear how bad it sounds without any additional tone shaping.

Comment

ok

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
                          Cool tones we like the same stuff I just did a quick recording with my twin/Bogner blue boost off using a cheaper vocal mic at bed room levels. need some tweeking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev5s...ature=youtu.be
                          I will give this a listen tonite

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                            I hear 2112, Jailbreak too.

Bring It On Home. Communication Breakdown.

Now that's thinking outside the box... sounds like a plexi!
                            Heh. Yeah I am predictable.

Comment

FWIW, I a did a bunch more tweaking, and settled on the Plexi mode but with boost engaged and gain dialed back a tad at the preamp. Very righteous. Will need to make a new clip when my T tops arrive/get installed.
                              Last edited by JeffB; 11-24-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X