X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Plexi in the House!

Originally posted by JeffB View Post
    Heh. Yeah I am predictable.
    Predictable? Nope. That music is the best.

Comment

FWIW, I a did a bunch more tweaking, and settled on the Plexi mode but with boost engaged and gain dialed back a tad at the preamp. Very righteous. Will need to make a new clip when my T tops arrive/get installed.
      Jeff you have 10db boost on your guitar also? works good on mine with blue Funny I always play the Walsh lick too LOL and the Jail break such cool riffs.
      tone slut
      Marshall DSL 40C
      Fender EVH Striped Series
      Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
      Fender Squier Tele Affinity
      Mogami cables

Comment

Originally posted by ken361 View Post
        Jeff you have 10db boost on your guitar also? works good on mine with blue Funny I always play the Walsh lick too LOL and the Jail break such cool riffs.
        Your clip sounds great. Threw ya a thumbs up on yootoob, Ken.

I actually did not use my Classic with the boost. It received it's severance when I got my Traditional back at the beginning of October.

Are those new Celstions n the 68C Twin, too, like in the 68c DR?
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Your clip sounds great. Threw ya a thumbs up on yootoob, Ken.

I actually did not use my Classic with the boost. It received it's severance when I got my Traditional back at the beginning of October.

Are those new Celstions n the 68C Twin, too, like in the 68c DR?
          Thanks man! yeah the same speakers. Just got a 2012 trad proII on a trade for my SG
          tone slut
          Marshall DSL 40C
          Fender EVH Striped Series
          Epiphone Les Paul Custom Pro
          Fender Squier Tele Affinity
          Mogami cables

Comment

definitely great tone there!

Comment

There's a few pedals that you can consider the natural extension of a cranked Marshall, and the end result is usually better than a full high gain Marshall. On the cheap side would be a Gov'nor II or MXR Classic OD, and the expensive side would be the Bogner Blue. All of them sound good, and there's many more pedals that can boost a Marshall.

Zakk Wylde is noted as saying his favorite sound is a cranked Marshall that nails the AC/DC Back in Black tone, with an OD pedal that takes it over the top. He isn't wrong. I've played through a lot of highgain amps, and the heavy Marshall/OD formula still beats most of them.

It's because the core tone of a Marshall always sits in the mix just right. You're basically taking the perfect rock tone and extending it with more gain. Putting other highgain amps next to it will prove the point.
              You'll have nice gain, but the core tone isn't as good as a JMP, JCM , Plexi, or other good Marshall.
              Last edited by Gearjoneser; 11-25-2014, 02:14 AM.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
              X