• Show
Clear All

• the electro harmonix c3

hello
    it will be my gift

the c3= shimmer, organ, prog

a lot of sounds!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZKV...ature=youtu.be

the last sound is amazing and funny

it can't have all the sounds from a Roland gr 50 for example but it's a good evolution

Re: the electro harmonix c3

It's got a setting called "Lord Purple".

That's all I need to know. I want one! Baddest organ player ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jon-Lord.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	5782009
    Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
    Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
    Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
    Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

they made the b3 too but there were only organ sounds

here we have a little reverb, pitch shimmer, funny organ (60's), some voices?

for the voices, the Strymon moebius has chorale : amazing !!

polyphonic?

Comment

the c9 lol

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
          It's got a setting called "Lord Purple".

That's all I need to know. I want one! Baddest organ player ever.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59614[/ATTACH]
          +1,000,000

Jon Lord + B3 + Marshall = coolest organ sound ever.

Comment

Oh man, just when I was getting ready to find an EH B9, this C9 comes along and does an even better job of what I want. It'll be going in front of a Strymon Lex. The C9 sounds amazing!
            Last edited by Gearjoneser; 12-22-2014, 01:58 AM.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

i hope that it's polyphonic
              i am not sure of this
              i would like some sounds, synth sounds like the Roland gr20 can do
              some synth voices

the c9 has this sound : clavioline

Comment

Pedal Freakness is an expensive disease. I just ordered my C3. I think I'm gonna need a larger board, or drop a few pedals I rarely use.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

GAS: guitar (or gear) addict syndrome lol

it's an expensive disease but you have 30 days? to go back to the shop if you don't like the pedal
                  and i prefer some pedals than 30 guitars= you must have a big room, be satisfied and it's expensive

buying a guitar is more serious

pedals are a little joy
                  a little gift

i will buy this pedal with other things when i will have chosen the good modulation pedals too

the c9 is brand new

nobody has it in youtube except ehx lol

i think that the b9 is too much traditionnal whereas the c9 has some reverb, chorus, with some presets
                  and some funny sounds
                  i hope
                  Last edited by always SD; 12-22-2014, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Rip joe cocker (
                    the voice!!

we will do the intro with the c9

a good tribute to JOe Cocker
                    Last edited by always SD; 12-22-2014, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                      Pedal Freakness is an expensive disease. I just ordered my C3. I think I'm gonna need a larger board, or drop a few pedals I rarely use.
                      Duh ... I meant C9.

It came in on the 24th. That was an amazing feat of shipping and standard UPS Ground delivery!!

The C9 sounds every bit as good in person as it does in the EHX promotional video. The organ sounds are incredible. My favorite is the Compact organ. In the EHX demo it is dialed in for sort of a Farfisa sound and the player is doing some of Ray Manzarek's licks from "Light My Fire". To me, that setting can do an awesome Vox Continental impression. This pedal is definitely going on the board, and the Octron2 is going into retirement.

Edit: In my limited experience the organ sounds, tracking, and string balance are best fed with a humbucker.
                      Last edited by Lazarus1140; 12-27-2014, 11:00 AM.
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Gahhh and I just got a B9. haha

I love the hell out of the B9 though, its got heaps of awesome.
                        Originally posted by Aceman
                        It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Something else I noticed, or that I believe, is that the organ sounds will be most convincing when an organ part is being played ... so I won't be playing any typical, guitar specific lead lines using organ sounds. My first challenge is to learn the organ part to "House of the Rising Sun". That song uses my favorite organ tones.

Also, tracking is best below the 10th fret, and I believe that should be expected due to the extra string length.

Comment

hi
                            i like some organ sounds but just a little bit
                            i prefer synth sounds (like a Roland gr 20 ) or chorales/voices sometimes

do you have these ambiant sounds with the last preset or with a chorus pedal too ?
                            Last edited by always SD; 12-28-2014, 07:39 AM.

Comment

I don't use a chorus pedal, and I have a Korg Microstation that will produce enough synth sounds to suit me if I want them for recording. For playing live I'd like to find a second guitarist who can also play keys. Ideally, Mr. Rare will also be able to cover some high vocal harmony parts as well. Neither my potential drummer nor I are able to sing high parts.

Comment

Working...
                              X