• Show
Clear All

• Electro-harmonix EPITOME !

hi
    I really really recommend this pedal
    I think it is digital, but it does not really mean
    It sounds very well

1)There is the "holy grail" a reverb pedal
    there is several reverbs, but do not go too far if you want to hear you guitar sound well

it has the sound Flerb = + reverb flanger
    it has also the shimmer

2) a pedal "electric Mistress."
    we have flanger (van halen for example)
    it has beautiful chorus sounds

So, they can be mixed chorus flanger sounds for the sounds of "police" and Andy Summers, but the best is not this
    there is the Matrix filter: it goes from Univibe or fast flanger and with synth sounds
    it's really amazing !!!
    Excellent for guitar psychedelic solo

the effect is very good: nothing to do with Zoom or line 6
    it smells analog !!! beautiful sound

3) And there is also a "micro pog" Polyphonic
    I prefer the Boss Octaver OC-3 because it will have a very big and powerful sound compared to the EHX
    OC3= a really fat and powerful sound and for the EHX, no...

but the Epitome can do timpani sounds? from islands, the 12 strings (beautiful and natural) and just an organ sound (but less than B9 and C9 EHX)
    organ : just a little bit, not perfect for a song

This pedal gives atmospheric sounds or' freeze' too and synth chorus, flanger

Matrix filter is the best sound i've heard!

you need to add a delay pedal , but the pedal has a little delay too

In fact, it would take 2 or 3 pedals like this because you can only choose one filter !! because there is just one knob
    so if you want a chorus and a filter and a flanger....at your feet, it will be complicated on stage !

but chorus+flanger= chorus

the best thing would have been an expression pedal but we can't plug it in

http://www.gizmag.com/electro-harmonix-epitome/26913/

i can play songs from "the police" to Nirvana to Hendrix to "Prince" to psychedelic 60's to ambiant sounds to experimental music to robots sounds to space
    Last edited by always SD; 01-21-2015, 12:06 PM.

Re: Electro-harmonix EPITOME !

My ONLY issue with this pedal, and I have to really stress, ONLY issue with this pedal is that it only has a single in and out, and no way to re-order the pedals. All three of those pedals are absolute classics, and they sound amazing (and I wish SO much that I could find a POG for a reasonable price) but optimally I'd want a distortion pedal after the POG or after the Electric mistress, but when all three are in one pedal with a single input and output it becomes impossible to add dirt optimally. A real shame, it seems to have so much potential.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

the order of effects is not important at all for me because it's the only one pedal with 3 good effects (from EHX) except the other tone tatoo (with the metal muff)

and the first is the reverb so, EHX made a good job

a single in and out? no because this pedal has 4? = stereo mode = 2 in and 2 out

the pog is interesting for 12 strings but that's all because for a real good and fat sound of an octaver, the Boss OC3 is very loud

if you want a distorsion pedal after the pog, you put the disto that you want: no problem

my pedalboard is : delay+bbe sonic stomp+small stone ehx +epitome+disto pedals +wah+tuner+buffer

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
        the order of effects is not important at all for me because it's the only one pedal with 3 good effects (from EHX) except the other tone tatoo (with the metal muff)

and the first is the reverb so, EHX made a good job

a single in and out? no because this pedal has 4? = stereo mode = 2 in and 2 out

the pog is interesting for 12 strings but that's all because for a real good and fat sound of an octaver, the Boss OC3 is very loud

if you want a distorsion pedal after the pog, you put the disto that you want: no problem

my pedalboard is : delay+bbe sonic stomp+small stone ehx +epitome+disto pedals +wah+tuner+buffer
        I've been interested in this pedal for a while now. I love my Metal Muff over any gain pedal I've used, which made me look into more Electro-Harmonix products. My luthier was showing off on my Semi-Hollow sound with only the Holy Grail nano through a Fender Bassman...and wow, the tone was amazing and the reverb was perfect! The thing I liked about the Epitom3 was multiple pedals in one. I don't know that I would use the Micro POG for my playing...

Comment

this pedal is expensive, numeric but very interesting
          why?

i don't think that it exists a pedal like that except the eventide H9 (it costs a lot of money) for one button at your feet
          so, preset 1, preset 2....

i own a ZOOM ms 50g : you have all that you want and i really like the preset "pitch shift delay" : we can set up the pitch, it's like an arpeggiator
          you can have this kind of sound with the epitome (just at the octave)

but the sounds are very bad
          it's not warm and alive, it is cold and numeric

whereas the Epitome is numeric too !! lol but the sounds are good, not like the ZOOm model

the epitome needs a lot to time to understand what the pedal can do
          what we need too

the holy grail is good but the hall preset gives a reverb but not a big big reverb
          there are too much sounds

with flerb with the octaver (synth sounds, organ, 12 strings, ambiant)
          with the electric mistress= Andy Summers is here "walking on the moon" is easy to play
          Hendrix vibe too ( a simulation)
          flanger with disto is very good

i think you won't have the perfect big chorus sound but it's good with disto
          it does the job
          flanger too

the problem is that we must choose which sounds we want: )
          there are a lot of possibilities
          and flanger+chorus is real opportunity

sometimes i add the small stone EHX but it's a too much

Comment

Working...
          X