Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: This pedal seems to have flown under the radar

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
    If it runs on 9V but gets 18V internally, they have a charge pump inside that increases the voltage. It's a nice way to make a pedal board friendly without needing a separate power supply.
    The Soul Food does that also, but I believe they have there's configured for +/-9-volt operation. That gives you a true bi-polar supply so you can eliminate some caps in the signal path.

Comment

So, one year later, do you still feel the same JeffB? I'm looking at some EP type preamp pedals and trying to figure out which one.
      Nope...

Comment

Heh. Wow. One year.

I still use it! I mostly use it as a boost for leads these days, as opposed to a tone enhancement for my rhythm tone. Since I have got my DSL, I'very had less need for it on all the time.

That said, I still think it's coolest function is the ability to set it so you get less gain and retain the chunk of your tone. Very neat. That still works very well even with the DSL.

It's not very versatile, but does a great job within its limitations.
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

This is very interesting.

I absolutely love my ep booster and it gets along with my amps so well I was going to get another one but after reading this I may get the echoplex one just to have a little something different.

We'll see.

Thanks man.

Enjoy in good health.
          For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Working...
          X