New Pedalboard: which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedalboard: which one?

I'm gonna be choosing a new pedalboard soon and I'm split between two of them: Pedal Pad AXS XL 3 or a Pedaltrain Terra 42.

The best pedalboardon the market Build your board https://pedalpad.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/05/Wheres-Tim_-1-4.mp4 Pedal Pad is the pedal board guitar players stay with. Are you looking for a high quality pedal board to help you organize your guitar effects pedal collection? Do you struggle to rehearse or perform because there are a ton of stomp boxes strewn about carelessly

When people say 'pedal board' they usually mean Pedaltrain. Our patented design is elegantly simple, incredibly useful, and an amazing value.

I'm using about 9 pedals with a Voodoo Lab PP2+ powering them, and I do like a pedalboard profile that's long but not deep.

I'm leaning towards the Pedal Pad, but the PT is a bit cheaper even with the Touring Case.

Any thoughts?

Re: New Pedalboard: which one?

Pedaltrain looks much more durable imo.

Comment

Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam. Integer posuere erat a ante venenatis dapibus posuere velit aliquet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Cras justo odio, dapibus ac facilisis in, egestas eget quam.

My pedals only play in English.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I've never used either, but number 2 looked good. I found these and if I had a pedal board still it would be something I would seriously consider. https://reverb.com/blog/holeyboards-...y-design-werks

Comment

I've been looking for years for something that met my needs better than PedalTrain. Aside from Temple Audio, nothing has even come close. Of course the question then becomes how your priorities align with mine. Weight is one of my biggest considerations but I've never gone wider than a 36" board. A 42" board might have enough pedals that the weight of the board isn't a huge factor.

All i I can say is that I currently have four PT boards: a PT Jr. where my unused stomp boxes sit., a PT-1 for my Atomic Amplifire rig, a PT-2 for my AxeFx controllers, and an unused PT Pro from when I used more controllers with the AxeFx.
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

I have the pedaltrain 2
            With the soft case
            With about 12 pedals
            32 inches wide I think

*(Sent from my durned phone!)*
            EHD
            Just here surfing Guitar Pron
            RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
            SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
            Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
            Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
            Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
            Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
            GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

PT2 is 26" wide. I had as many as 8 pedals on my PT Jr. so a large board might be overkill unless many of the OP's 9 pedals are much larger than average. also, PT has a nice feature where a PedalPoer can be mounted underneath, saving a bit of real estate up top.
              My Music

Comment

Have you checked out www.pedalboardplanner.com to confirm if you need the full Terra 42? That seems like a monster board.
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
                  PT2 is 26" wide. I had as many as 8 pedals on my PT Jr. so a large board might be overkill unless many of the OP's 9 pedals are much larger than average. also, PT has a nice feature where a PedalPoer can be mounted underneath, saving a bit of real estate up top.
                  The pedals that I'd be using that are larger than your "average" width would be:

Digitech Whammy
                  Fulltone Ultimate Octave
                  Boss DD20
                  and my JVM 4-button switcher which has all 4 buttons in a row.

I don't really like having to step over other pedals too much. I like things in a long row. Just my style I guess.

Comment

If you only want all of that length and not so much the depth, look into NYC pedalboards. They do custom stuff, and they should be able to make you something that's just one gigantic row. I love my NYC board.

I just priced it out and you can get a 42"x10" board for $219 plus shipping. That includes the nice lid that all NYC boards come with. That doesn't include their great options like awesome custom tolex, butterfly latches, or so on, but it seems like it's both cheaper than the other options you're looking at and more suited to what you want - IE not unnecessarily deep. You could even get the slim option since you don't want a second row on a riser, so that would make the whole package even slimmer.

For reference, here's what the board and lid look like together:

It's a great design and quite sturdy in my experience.
                    Last edited by Agileguy_101; 04-09-2015, 11:57 AM.
                    Custom neck-thru strat
                    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                    1995 PRS CE24
                    D'avanzo #8
                    Breedlove Solo Concert
                    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
                    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
                    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
                    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

^^^ That's actually very similar to what I have now, albeit with less wear and tear and bigger. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Being able to hide/recess power supplies and cables is going to be a big seller for me, though. I'll check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                        If you only want all of that length and not so much the depth, look into NYC pedalboards. They do custom stuff, and they should be able to make you something that's just one gigantic row. I love my NYC board.

I just priced it out and you can get a 42"x10" board for $219 plus shipping. That includes the nice lid that all NYC boards come with. That doesn't include their great options like awesome custom tolex, butterfly latches, or so on, but it seems like it's both cheaper than the other options you're looking at and more suited to what you want - IE not unnecessarily deep. You could even get the slim option since you don't want a second row on a riser, so that would make the whole package even slimmer.

For reference, here's what the board and lid look like together:

It's a great design and quite sturdy in my experience.
                        Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but was searching for something and found this.. LOVE that board!!! What Id ultimately love to have. I tried to build an enclosed board but it was so heavy and I couldnt find any place that sold latches like that, so I couldnt latch it well
                        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                          I tried to build an enclosed board but it was so heavy and I couldnt find any place that sold latches like that, so I couldnt latch it well
                          IME, that's the drawback with large (ply)wood pedalboards. They get way heavier than I want to deal with. That's a big part of what keeps me coming back to Pedaltrain.
                          My Music

Comment

I have used Pedal Train, but switched to Holeyboard.

I do have a couple more pedals to place (Old pictures)
                            Attached Files
                            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Holy moly!!!! Like Wamplers I see.... yeah, was looking at those holyboards awhile back...
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X