Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strymon - Eventide

hi
    what do you think about these multi-effects ?

Re: Strymon - Eventide

I've never tried the Eventide stuff, but I have a Mobius on my board that I like a lot. My decision was made 100% by watching YouTube demos of the two products.
    -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

cool
      what do you think about the mobius ? i wonder if the chorus is not too much digital
      and the flanger " real"
      i would like a product to have several chorus- flanger in order to have presets
      good quality and a sound close to analog pedals

Strymon makes a lot of demos but i prefer others demos from users
      but i really don't know how it sounds
      Last edited by always SD; 06-04-2015, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I sold my TimeFactor and there's an El Capistan on my pedalboard that I love.
        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
          cool
          what do you think about the mobius ? i wonder if the chorus is not too much digital
          and the flanger " real"
          i would like a product to have several chorus- flanger in order to have presets
          good quality and a sound close to analog pedals

Strymon makes a lot of demos but i prefer others demos from users
          but i really don't know how it sounds
          So far I really like it. I chose the Strymon because I needed a digital multiFX for space concerns on my board, and the Mobius sounded the most "analog" to me. I think a lot of the digital boxes sound like the effect is sitting on top of your tone, not as part of it... but the Strymon seemed much more natural.

I may one day pare things down to only 2 or so main modulation effects and then go with analog stomps for them, but I'm currently very happy with my board.
          -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

Originally posted by sosomething View Post
            I think a lot of the digital boxes sound like the effect is sitting on top of your tone, not as part of it... but the Strymon seemed much more natural.
            This was a big reason I ditched the TimeFactor. I could never quite get the delays to stand separate from the dry signal and everything just kind of mushed together. With the El Capistan I can mix the delays fairly wet and the dry signal will still have good clarity.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

strymon = +1

Comment

The eternal struggle!

They are both fantastic. To me, the Eventide is better for inspiring sounds that spur creativity. strymon makes fantastic sounding effects that are very user friendly.

I have an Orville and a DECO, so that is what my impressions are based upon.
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

There really isn't a bad choice among them.
                  -Adam

Hear or Follow my music:

Comment

I've heard and or watched all the youtube demos. I bought a BigSky reverb two Christmases ago and all of my Reverb needs have been met and exceeded.

I have very basic needs. I want a sweetener and a recockulous surf verb. I just wanted a unit with a couple of switches on it so I can go back and forth.

The Big Sky is so lush and so physical, I use it for everything. Once you have it dialed in...if you have midi...you don't even need to touch it.

You can control whatever parameter you want with an expression pedal.

It just makes everything better.

I even held it out my window during 5 o'clock traffic one day and all the cars in front of me just disappeared.

Not to mention, I'm such a slut for cosmetics...I just think the Strymons look better.
                    For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                      The Big Sky is so lush and so physical, I use it for everything. I even held it out my window during 5 o'clock traffic one day and all the cars in front of me just disappeared.
                      Wow ... that makes me regret having purchased the Neunaber Wet Reverb!
                      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

I swing both ways. I run an H9 (max) into a Timeline into another H9 (max). The sonic possibilities are almost endless.

Eventide really hit it out of the park with the H9, especially their continued support - a la updates, new features, and new algorithm releases. That said, I'm not sure I'll ever part with my Timeline. For my bread and butter delay needs, I just haven't found anything that did what this unit can do. Incredible versatility. I do like a lot of the delay sounds that the H9 does also. I frequently stack multiple delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another vote for the Eventide H9. The unit sounds incredible and there seems to be no limitations to what it can do. The EVH settings are cool as hell and really nail Eddie's tone. I love everything about the unit.

Comment

I went Eventide Space myself. The sound and the downloadable updates won me over.

Comment

I like Strymon's execution of the smaller stomp boxes. The Timeline/Timefactor, Möbius/Modfactor and Big Sky/Space are all ultra-powerful, and I think it's amazing the processing power available in a small box, but reaching down and twisting knobs is so natural in the El Cap and Blue Sky. I make music with those, I twiddle knobs endlessly with the Timeline.

(All my own personal shortcomings, of course. )
                              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X