New Pedalboard Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedalboard Preview

So I ditched my big board and I'm building myself a smaller board. Here's a sneak preview:

Obviously, I've still got a lot of work to do, but I'll give you a brief rundown. The controller at the bottom will control all five of my analog pedals (minus the wah) and have control over my midi pedals in my effects loop. It also has a tuner mute and most importantly, control over the amp's channel switching. In total it can store 60 presets, of which I can recall 5 at any given time with the switches on the bottom. So I can set up a nice bold clean on switch one, a fuzz into the clean channel on switch two, the dirty channel of my amp with a nice tape delay on switch three, a fuzz with a phaser on switch four, and a liquid solo tone via my Flux five on switch five. Additionally, I'll have that little metal box next to it set up to control the solo function of my amp, so I can get a solo boost on any tone I have the controller switched to.

I'm going to try my best to make this really nice looking as well. I'm going to make risers for each pedal with a little channel to the center so I can route the cables under the board both to and from the power units and back and forth from the switcher, so no cabling will be seen. I'm going to paint the whole board. What color, I'm not sure yet, but I've got a beautiful green, a root beer, a black, and I'm thinking of getting some silver. Also, I did this to the edges.

They will all be masked off and painted a different color. I'm leaning towards doing a rising sun in green and black with silver for the edges, but like I said, I'm not sure yet.
    Custom neck-thru strat
    1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
    1995 PRS CE24
    D'avanzo #8
    Breedlove Solo Concert
    1996 USA Dean Baby Z
    1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
    1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
    Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Re: New Pedalboard Preview

Very nice.

Comment

I forgot to ask, what is the pedal on the lower left.

Comment

Thanks Jolly. The pedal on the lower left is a Disaster Area DPC-5 controller.
        Custom neck-thru strat
        1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
        1995 PRS CE24
        D'avanzo #8
        Breedlove Solo Concert
        1996 USA Dean Baby Z
        1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Sweet! How heavy is it now? (That's something that keeps me with Pedaltrain, nice and light) I love the DMC integration with loops, MIDI pedals and channel switching.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

That looks really nice.
            Looking forward to seeing this progress ...
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Looks great. I think I am going to start sending you cash to build stuff for me. You and CTN always have something cool going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                Thanks Jolly. The pedal on the lower left is a Disaster Area DPC-5 controller.
                I read up on that last night after you stated what it was/is/does. That's a pretty badass little piece of awesomeness right there.

Comment

Thanks guys!

PF Darkside, I'm not sure how much it weighs. I'm expecting it to be 35-40lbs or so once I introduce the Pelican case. Considering my last board was 45lbs (and 3 feet long) I'm ok with that.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

i have the throttle box
                    have you more sounds with the eq?
                    is it really mid scooped ?

and the mobius ? can it be as good as an analog/chorus/phaser with pedals ? and your photo
                    is Staline ?

Comment

Yes, the eq lets you dial in a lot of tones that you can't get with it off. It can get scooped if you want it that way, but you can boost the mids plenty.

The Mobius is fantastic. I've had it for 15+ months now and I've never had a desire to get something to replace it.

Yes, Stalin is my avatar. It's an inside joke.
                      Custom neck-thru strat
                      1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                      1995 PRS CE24
                      D'avanzo #8
                      Breedlove Solo Concert
                      1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

i just have the throttle box without an eq but very good sound

have you ever played with MXR chorus
                        BOSS chorus
                        Small Stone Ehx phaser
                        MXR flanger to make a comparison with the mobius ?

Comment

I haven't played any of the pedals you listed, but I've played plenty of analog modulations and I've always felt that the Mobius is an extremely good approximation of those units.

Small update - I'm redoing the riser so I can add the connections to the side. For my first time using a router, I think I did all right on the power connection:

I've got to cut one more piece and then I can start putting the riser together. As with the first riser, I'm going to countersink all of the screws and then top them with wood filler so I can paint over them without a trace.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

I routed a channel in the main board last night

It's not perfect, but it's better than the practice runs I did. Anyway, this will allow the power cables to go from the power supplies to the pedals through the bottom of the board, like so:

Custom neck-thru strat
                            1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                            1995 PRS CE24
                            D'avanzo #8
                            Breedlove Solo Concert
                            1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

How do you like that Sun Face fuzz? Do you use a battery or a power cable? I know the Voodoo labs has a sag feature on a couple of the outputs...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X