Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

I usually don't buy pedals without hearing them but the SDOTD is a BBE Bohemian Treble Boost Pedal for $59. I have the first gen the BBE FREQ Boost and it is amazing with my Fender Silverface and my Marshall. They don't mention Page in the description but he used one also.

I am going to take the SDOTD app off my phone. I was able to buy this thing too quickly with a couple of taps of the screen. Very dangerous app.

Product Description

BBE’s Bohemian Treble Boost pedal is patterned after a rare treble booster produced in the mid-'60s that gave many famous players, like Brian May, Tony Iommi, Marc Bolan and Rory Gallagher, the ability to add sustain and overdrive to their favorite guitar amplifier. The Bohemian is a faithful reproduction of the venerable Dallas Rangemaster treble booster, which was often paired with the Vox AC30TB guitar amplifier, in fact the standard combination for Queen’s Brian May was a Rangemaster run into an AC30TB.
    Last edited by Securb; 06-09-2015, 08:47 AM.

Re: Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I am going to take the SDOTD app off my phone. I was able to buy this thing too quickly with a couple of taps of the screen. Very dangerous app.
    Lmao

Comment

I probably should have bought one of those for the hell of it. I'll be waiting anxiously on your review.

Comment

I am going to review it for the site. It showed up today, I putzed with it for a few minutes and instantly swapped out the first gen BBE. I used it tonight at practice and the thing screams. It has a bias control that allows you to dial in your sweet spot perfectly. My leads were cutting through the mix without cranking the amp to sickening levels.

Comment

I already have my treble booster.

Comment

I like my Katana.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
              I already have my treble booster.
              I was thinking about you when I was playing it. I have a treble booster also but this thing NAILS the Brian May tone. I had a great time playing through it last night. The bias control really allows you to dial in your tone The only con in my eyes is BBE used a plastic enclosure.

Comment

Today, it's Bogner's Uberschall pedal... *fighting temptation*
                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                  Today, it's Bogner's Uberschall pedal... *fighting temptation*
                  I saw that. They also have a Butterscotch HH G&L featured today for short money. I am already on my 2nd guitar this year, two Marshall cabs, a Marshall head and multiple pedals. If I come home with as much as a pick in the next couple of months my wife will have me wearing my nuts as earrings. This is the cool-down and planning period.

Comment

I already got my HH G&L, Uberschall pedal, and treble booster.

They're all worth it.

Originally posted by Securb View Post
                    I saw that. They also have a Butterscotch HH G&L featured today for short money. I am already on my 2nd guitar this year, two Marshall cabs, a Marshall head and multiple pedals. If I come home with as much as a pick in the next couple of months my wife will have me wearing my nuts as earrings. This is the cool-down and planning period.
                    Get guitar pick earrings and see what she thinks haha.

Comment

What you should also be able to do is crank out some Stained Class-era Judas Priest with a treble booster, LP, and Marshall.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
                        What you should also be able to do is crank out some Stained Class-era Judas Priest with a treble booster, LP, and Marshall.
                        Richie Faulkner does use a Les Paul these days with Priest. For my classic Tipton tones I find my SG really does the job. The weird thing is I was playing with my middle single coil on the HSH Strat and got a great Green Manalishi tone. Glenn uses everything in the studio God only knows what he was using on what any track.

Comment

Yeah, just on that wlbum though, I think it is really clear when he is using his old Les Paul Custom he had for a while. Like the Beyond The Realms Of Death solo.

Comment

Stupid deal of the hour.... $49 until 7pm (8/30/15) Eastern.
                            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Thanks for the tip off. I just ordered mine. I love my Screaming Bird, but I've wanted a Rangemaster clone for a while now. At under $55 delivered and brand new, I could't pass it up!
                              Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-30-2015, 04:31 PM.
                              Originally posted by LesStrat
                              Yogi Berra was correct.
                              Originally posted by JOLLY
                              I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                              X