Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

Can't wait to hear your feedback. What kind of amp are you using it with.

Comment

You stole my thunder man!!! I was all excited to write a thread bragging about how I just got a freakishly awesome deal on BBE Bohemian Treble Booster & I was going to include pics of my AC's & everything! Now what what the heck am I supposed to do?

Lol, all kidding aside I'm super pumped about this pedal! I literally just promised my girl I wouldn't buy any more effects but I've got a VOX G1 Night Train 50, a AC-15 T.B. CC2 Twin, (AC-15 chassis in a AC-30 cabinet with the extra Greenback & larger reverb tank) & a AC-30 T.B. CC2. This deal was just too good to pass on & she's only a little homicidal right now! BTW, If for some reason I disappear after today please tell them it was her!!! Lol, anyone out there who owns AC's probably knows that they can be kinda finicky when it comes to any kind of dirt, distortion, boost, & gain pedals? Some work better than others but this pedal should probably just come with the amp when you buy it?

Treble boosters are by far the best way to get that classic VOX low powered break up! Brian May, Toni Iommi, BBE treble boosters have been making VOX amps sound great for decades now!!! I've been waiting for a good deal on a used one to pop up for a while now, the last one that caught my eye on eBay was beat to hell & they still wanted $65 for it! I had a customer appreciation gift card for $10 from M.F. just waiting to be used so I actually got this baby for like $40 out of pocket!!!
      I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

P
        Originally posted by Securb View Post
        I usually don't buy pedals without hearing them but the SDOTD is a BBE Bohemian Treble Boost Pedal for $59. I have the first gen the BBE FREQ Boost and it is amazing with my Fender Silverface and my Marshall. They don't mention Page in the description but he used one also.

I am going to take the SDOTD app off my phone. I was able to buy this thing too quickly with a couple of taps of the screen. Very dangerous app.

$49 not $59!!!

Oh, please excuse me! I thought you were talking about the stupid deal of the hour thing they've got going on today? Thats my bad for not reading everything before I started typing, sorry about that. I just got one about 20 minutes ago and it was only $49, defiantly looking forward to your review though!!!!
        Last edited by Nostalgic Distortion; 08-30-2015, 05:31 PM. Reason: I'm dumb!
        I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Securb's post was when it was the Stupid Deal of the Day, I bumped when I saw it was the deal of the hour since a few people missed it and wanted it. Glad there was some value to the bump!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Nice Treble Booster on SDOTD

Originally posted by Securb View Post
            Can't wait to hear your feedback. What kind of amp are you using it with.
            I have a few amps. My main ones are an Ampeg Jet Tremolo (15W 1x12 combo), a Mesa Express Plus 5:25, and a 1968 vintage Princeton Reverb. I also have a 50W Ampeg Reverberocket head/cab an Ampeg V4 head/cab, and an Ampeg Super Rocket 100W 2x12 combo. I don't play the big amps much. Finally, a'63 Gibson Skylark (4.5W 1x10 combo with nothing but a volume control). I found that one in an abandoned house in the desert. I put about $150 into getting the speaker and a bunch of other dried up components replaced, so it ended up being a fairly priced bedroom amp, or recording amp when you need that one great overdriven tone it has.
            Last edited by ItsaBass; 08-30-2015, 06:29 PM.
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Yogi Berra was correct.
            Originally posted by JOLLY
            I do a few chord things, some crappy lead stuff, and then some rhythm stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
              You stole my thunder man!!! I was all excited to write a thread bragging about how I just got a freakishly awesome deal on BBE Bohemian Treble Booster & I was going to include pics of my AC's & everything! Now what what the heck am I supposed to do?
              Do you even have room on your board for another pedal?

Originally posted by ItsaBass View Post
              I have a few amps. My main ones are an Ampeg Jet Tremolo (15W 1x12 combo) and a Mesa Express Plus 5:25.
              Yeah you are in for a fun time.

Comment

I've got several pedal boards, sorta? They are constantly changing & I try to set them up to be as amp specific as possible but I still end up stealing a pedal here & there. Obviously this will go on my small AC board & perhaps replace the Swell I'm using now as a tone shaping/transparent O.D. but I may keep them both, the G Drive layers very well so I may keep it as a second low gain Overdrive? See what works when it gets here I guess?

Comment

The Bohemian Treble Boost is the SDOTD again. $49 shipped.

Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.

Comment

Working...
                  X