I give up - whaddaya do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I give up - whaddaya do?

It's not devaluing the physical product, otherwise Universal Audio wouldn't be selling both the hardware and the emulation plugins. It's working to different market segments - the people that play the pedal on the floor in front of the amp will still do so, while the studio rats (like myself) will take that pedal emulation, and try it out on a drum track, a bass track, a vocal track, a keyboard track, and use it in ways we wouldn't otherwise be able to do as easily.
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Wait this vendor has the same product as digital plugin and as pedal?

Comment

We're working with hypotheticals here, dude, aren't we? ... (but yes, Universal Audio does have both physical hardware and digital emulations of their stuff)

I don't know of any manufacturer that does what you describe on pg 2 - letting you upload a sound clip, process it, and email it or a link back to you... the labor costs associated with it would be... yeah, no.

Comment

I'm lost.

Comment

Re-read the thread and get back to me...

Comment

Did it start with Lazarus innocently asking to test out pedals without committing to take the new->used price hit?

Comment

Originally posted by uOpt View Post
                Did it start with Lazarus innocently asking to test out pedals without committing to take the new->used price hit?
                Not quite. It started with me not being totally satisfied with something I purchased. Most places will accept returns so that's not the issue. Since then I've decided to live with the fuzz I bought and adjust to it. I may keep shopping and hold on to this one too. It is part of the insanity.

In any case, it hasn't been given a fair chance on a guitar strung with month old 9s.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Greer Tarpit?

Comment

That actually sounds great, but I prefer something in an MXR sized enclosure.
                    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

It's not as big as it looks - basically a double wide MXR.

Comment

So is a Pharoah which I know I love.

Comment

You can try renting pedals at http://www.pedalgenie.com/

Comment

I give up - whaddaya do?

Ah. I didn't look at the Pharaoh - I assumed by the way you were talking about it that was more like a Russian Big Muff.

My faux pas...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                              I did read that review and upon rereading am surprised that the author would prefer more high end and more mid-scoop and that he would describe the mid-range as dark and creamy. That is not my experience ... a little darker and creamier would suit me just fine.
                              This is the problem with most online reviews, personal preference. I try to be very neutral when I write up a pedal. Maybe it is not giving me a tone I would like but is it working as advertised and delivering something someone would find sonically pleasing. For example if a distortion is overly scooped and compressed I am not going to like it. However, an 80's guy might think it is the Holy Grail. I also try to keep in mind people are going to play a pedal with different guitars and cycle through a few axes and amps. Someone playing a pedal with a Tele and a HotRod is not going to have the same experience I am having with a Les Paul and a Marshall.

Comment

Hm?

Comment

Working...
                                X