• Show
Clear All

Re: I give up - whaddaya do?

Or maybe?

"Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

or maybe:

Too bad these seem to be out of production.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

That's what ebay and reverb.com are for...
        "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
          On both my boards the fuzz is the first pedal after the tuner and right before the OD, and I tried the reverse order with the P19 and oddly there was very little difference.
          What tuner are you using? Could it be that a buffered tuner is messing with the fuzz on the small board?
          Originally posted by LesStrat
          make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
          My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
            What tuner are you using?
            TC Electronic PolyTune
            I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

You do know that you can build a fuzz pedal that's cheaper and simple to put together, right?
              ...Cause in the interest of all involved I got the problem solved and the verdict is guilty...

Comment

Yes, but I have more than enough projects on the table right now. I have overcome the compulsive desire to build/modify/tinker. I just want to play.

Comment

So do I, can't find the gear I'd be happy with though, the solution would be to modify
                  ...Cause in the interest of all involved I got the problem solved and the verdict is guilty...

Comment

Well, it appears that I overestimated my resolve to quit buying pedals.

Since I decided to quit I purchased an Empress Tape Delay. It is whelming which should be somewhere in the middle between overwhelming and underwhelming. It is a little easier to dial in than the Belle Epoch, but except for the benefit of the added tape age and modulation features the sound reminds me of a TC Electronic Nova Delay. It may be more of a feel thing than a sound thing. The demos I've heard all sound better than anything I've been able to produce with my gear.

So I ordered a Skreddy Echo knowing in advance that it will probably be a tad too dark for my taste. I just want something that sounds good and is simple to operate.

I'd be better off if I spent more of my dissatisfaction on my shortcomings as a player.

Today I ordered a JHS Muffuletta since JHS pedals are available with 20% discount from PGS right now. It features JHS's take on five different Muff iterations plus one Muff(ish) fuzz of their own.

This has bee a Laz Report ... brought to you by Ketel One and left over turkey and sweet potatos.
                    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 11-27-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                      Well, it appears that I overestimated my resolve to quit buying pedals: Since I decided to quit I purchased an Empress Tape Delay...So I ordered a Skreddy Echo...Today I ordered a JHS Muffuletta

Your resolve and willpower are the stuff legends are made of.
                      "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
                      "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
                      "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Working...
                      X