• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blueman335
    replied
    Re: I give up - whaddaya do?

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
    Well, it appears that I overestimated my resolve to quit buying pedals: Since I decided to quit I purchased an Empress Tape Delay...So I ordered a Skreddy Echo...Today I ordered a JHS Muffuletta

Your resolve and willpower are the stuff legends are made of.

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Well, it appears that I overestimated my resolve to quit buying pedals.

Since I decided to quit I purchased an Empress Tape Delay. It is whelming which should be somewhere in the middle between overwhelming and underwhelming. It is a little easier to dial in than the Belle Epoch, but except for the benefit of the added tape age and modulation features the sound reminds me of a TC Electronic Nova Delay. It may be more of a feel thing than a sound thing. The demos I've heard all sound better than anything I've been able to produce with my gear.

So I ordered a Skreddy Echo knowing in advance that it will probably be a tad too dark for my taste. I just want something that sounds good and is simple to operate.

I'd be better off if I spent more of my dissatisfaction on my shortcomings as a player.

Today I ordered a JHS Muffuletta since JHS pedals are available with 20% discount from PGS right now. It features JHS's take on five different Muff iterations plus one Muff(ish) fuzz of their own.

This has bee a Laz Report ... brought to you by Ketel One and left over turkey and sweet potatos.
    Last edited by Lazarus1140; 11-27-2015, 04:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Aku Tonklips
    replied

So do I, can't find the gear I'd be happy with though, the solution would be to modify

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Yes, but I have more than enough projects on the table right now. I have overcome the compulsive desire to build/modify/tinker. I just want to play.

Leave a comment:

• Aku Tonklips
    replied

You do know that you can build a fuzz pedal that's cheaper and simple to put together, right?

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

Originally posted by aleclee View Post
    What tuner are you using?
    TC Electronic PolyTune

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

On both my boards the fuzz is the first pedal after the tuner and right before the OD, and I tried the reverse order with the P19 and oddly there was very little difference.
    What tuner are you using? Could it be that a buffered tuner is messing with the fuzz on the small board?

Leave a comment:

• jtougas
    replied

That's what ebay and reverb.com are for...

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

or maybe:

Too bad these seem to be out of production.

Leave a comment:

• jtougas
    replied

Or maybe?

Leave a comment:

• jtougas
    replied

Hm?

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

I did read that review and upon rereading am surprised that the author would prefer more high end and more mid-scoop and that he would describe the mid-range as dark and creamy. That is not my experience ... a little darker and creamier would suit me just fine.
    This is the problem with most online reviews, personal preference. I try to be very neutral when I write up a pedal. Maybe it is not giving me a tone I would like but is it working as advertised and delivering something someone would find sonically pleasing. For example if a distortion is overly scooped and compressed I am not going to like it. However, an 80's guy might think it is the Holy Grail. I also try to keep in mind people are going to play a pedal with different guitars and cycle through a few axes and amps. Someone playing a pedal with a Tele and a HotRod is not going to have the same experience I am having with a Les Paul and a Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• jtougas
    replied
    I give up - whaddaya do?

Ah. I didn't look at the Pharaoh - I assumed by the way you were talking about it that was more like a Russian Big Muff.

My faux pas...

Leave a comment:

• Myaccount876
    replied

You can try renting pedals at http://www.pedalgenie.com/

Leave a comment:

• Lazarus1140
    replied

So is a Pharoah which I know I love.

Leave a comment: