Digitech Trio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digitech Trio

Anyone else get a digitech trio pedal? I got mine this past week and got to play it a bunch last night. It's a pretty neat jam pedal and I haven't even gotten that deep into it. You basically record a rhythm track and it learns the key, chord changes and tempo and then loops it back for you. I've just been doing some simple stuff and jamming over it. Definately pretty cool IMO.

Re: Digitech Trio

I've been waiting for some real world feedback. It seems like a great practice tool.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
      I've been waiting for some real world feedback. It seems like a great practice tool.
      Certainly for just laying down a progression and then jamming and having the bass and drums going with different grooves available. I dig it so far. Beats playing to a metronome

Comment

One thing that just blows my mind is the lack of JamSync. Why wouldn't they have set it up to sync to their loopers? Massive possibilities there.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was quite interested in that thing when it came out. Glad to see that it performs well!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            One thing that just blows my mind is the lack of JamSync. Why wouldn't they have set it up to sync to their loopers? Massive possibilities there.
            Ahhh, the doppler effect of missed opportunities as they go by flying by...
            "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Something I may want to check out myself. Thanks for posting.

Bill
              When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I feel like most of my needs are met by the Boomerang III, but I'll buy a Digitech Trio anyway, just to throw any support I can behind this guy's competition:

Comment

How is it for longer chord progressions? Does it track well only with cowbody chords, or does it play nicely with sus2/4, diminished, min 6ths, and inversions? I would love to use this pedal to practice jazz standards . . . is there a line out for a second amp?
                  Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                  This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I saw a guy working Beat Buddy live - it was pretty cool.

At the end of the day, I use Garage Band.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      How is it for longer chord progressions? Does it track well only with cowbody chords, or does it play nicely with sus2/4, diminished, min 6ths, and inversions? I would love to use this pedal to practice jazz standards . . . is there a line out for a second amp?
                      There is a guitar out and a line out for drum/bass. In some of the video reviews it seems like the max time is ~90 seconds.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Reviving this thread:

Anyone still using this pedal? Any updated experiences? I'm about to call Sweetwater to see if I might get a deal as an Xmas present to myself.

Thanks.

Originally posted by nedcronin
                        Pretty much what you suggested Ink.
                        Originally posted by metalmachine
                        dont worry about it bro. even if we dont like it...... were just internet ppl. not real ppl. more like a hulicination of a mythical forest creature.

Comment

I saw Jen Batten demo this thing. She killed with it.
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

i use guitar pro and just come up with something.. most of the time its just rhythm guitar , but other times its bass and drums as well

I like the session mode in rocksmith but cant get over the abysmal quality of the sound.. seriously.. i would fall in love with it if i could use GR4 vst

The sounds they offer make me ill for the most part

Comment

Im curious too. Seems like a cool tool. Even with its limitations. I could benefit GREATLY by having a rhythym to play along to.. I interpreted DreX's post as a bash of the Beat Buddy.. Is it not worth a darn?
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X