Donner DP1 power supply?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donner DP1 power supply?

Anyone have any experience with these? I got an email from a place that list all these sale items.. most is crap I have no interest in, but this caught my eye..

Powers up to 10 pedals and seems like it has good features and a good price.. But, I live by if it sounds too good to be true... And I def dont wanna mess up my gear. If it is a good unit, then maybe some of you guys may be interested too...
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Donner DP1 power supply?

Thats the joyo power supply rebranded by donner, i think they are the same company in secret lol well all those are joyos though.

That one is not isolated at all too, fake marketing.

For a cheaper psu look into bbe supacharger, hardwire psu, mxr iso brick, trex chameleon, upcoming visual sound iso 1spot, etc.

Joyo had some electrolytic caps wired in reverse in some of their pedals, for the sake of safety i would not run any pedals without thorough checking the insides of them power supplies.

Comment

Thanks for the input! kinda scary.. I ordered one cuz I thought the price was good and Im trying to clean up my board a bit. Its alot better than it was because I put some 1 spots in, instead of the tons of adapters I had. Eventually im going to buy a proper board and figured I could use this unit with that. Hopefully it wont be problematic..
      Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Its works like the 1spot, its probably got two LM7809 regulators in there & the the last 18v output might be those in series or just the 18v input being filtered a bit and forwarded out.

Make sure to check the polarity on all the outlets before connecting any of your pedals to it.

Comment

how can i test? got it in the mail yest. tiny little thing. Will I know if something is wrong if I plug up a pedal and it doesnt work? I have a sacrificial lamb I can use. (Dod grunge pedal)
          Last edited by BloodRose; 07-09-2015, 09:14 AM.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

You will need a multimeter or voltmeter to check that. Dont sacrifice the grunge pedal although it is awful sounding but might be able to flip it to make up for more than 50% spent on the psu.

Just dont use that supply yet, digital multimeters are cheap & everywhere, get which ever you can find in working condition, doesn't have to be a fancy one either, a basic one is lot useful to have at home.

Comment

You will need a multimeter or voltmeter to check that. Dont sacrifice the grunge pedal although it is awful sounding but might be able to flip it to make up for more than 50% spent on the psu.

Just dont use that supply yet, digital multimeters are cheap & everywhere, get which ever you can find in working condition, doesn't have to be a fancy one either, a basic one is lot useful to have at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                Thats the joyo power supply rebranded by donner, i think they are the same company in secret lol well all those are joyos though.

That one is not isolated at all too, fake marketing.

For a cheaper psu look into bbe supacharger, hardwire psu, mxr iso brick, trex chameleon, upcoming visual sound iso 1spot, etc.

Joyo had some electrolytic caps wired in reverse in some of their pedals, for the sake of safety i would not run any pedals without thorough checking the insides of them power supplies.
                Let's try and ease up on our use of the word "fake"; the word implies intention to deceive, and has lost all meaning in todays current political PR circus anyway. I suspect the use of the word "isolated" in this case is a side effect of poor translation from the Chinese. The 9v section is isolated from the 12v section, and both of these are isolated from the 18v section. But No isolation between individual outputs .

Comment

Originally posted by jefg View Post
                  Let's try and ease up on our use of the word "fake"; the word implies intention to deceive, and has lost all meaning in todays current political PR circus anyway. I suspect the use of the word "isolated" in this case is a side effect of poor translation from the Chinese. The 9v section is isolated from the 12v section, and both of these are isolated from the 18v section. But No isolation between individual outputs .
                  Zombie thread revival warning.

"I suspect the use of the word "isolated" in this case is a side effect of poor translation from the Chinese ..."

I suspect not ...

Comment

Working...
                  X