banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Give it a try and see what happens. If I used a gate, thats where Id probably put it.
    1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
    Jackson Soloist 7 string
    ESP LTD M-400
    Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Thx. I got it to work. I put the gate between the eq and delay then turned the gain on the bluez driver down from 3 o clock to 2 o clock and the gate cuts the noise without cutting the main signal.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

Excellent, now if only I too could be home at 2p rocking out.
        1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
        Jackson Soloist 7 string
        ESP LTD M-400
        Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

Yazz
          I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Clint 55 View Post
            Wats up everybody. Here is my 1st pedal board. It's narrowed down to an 8 daisy chain. I have 2 odz - east river drive and ts808, using the bluez driver as my distortion, eq that I mainly use to boost the bass a little for woman tone, delay, reverb, tuner, and noise gate.

I'm also looking for tips on how to reduce noise. It's tough to get the noise gate to work without cutting off reverb, delay, or even the main signal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100655[/ATTACH]
            That's not a pedal board! It's a bunch of pedals on the floor.

:P

When debugging noise, it's best to identify what kind of noise you're getting and where it's coming from.

- Is it from the guitar (or a particular setting on the guitar)?
            - Is it from a cable (or patch cable)?
            - Is it from a pedal (or a particular setting on the pedal)?
            - Is it from a combination of pedals?

When you figure that out, then it becomes easier to figure out exactly how to get rid of it. I much prefer to fix those problems without a gate (but sometimes a gate is necessary).
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Wats up everybody. Here is my 1st pedal board. It's narrowed down to an 8 daisy chain. I have 2 odz - east river drive and ts808, using the bluez driver as my distortion, eq that I mainly use to boost the bass a little for woman tone, delay, reverb, tuner, and noise gate.

I'm also looking for tips on how to reduce noise. It's tough to get the noise gate to work without cutting off reverb, delay, or even the main signal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]100655[/ATTACH]
              Well, I see pedals but no board....

Comment

Thx. Yas I did go thru those diagnostics. I figured out that my guitars are quiet (except for my split humbuckers), adding more pedals causes more noise, and that more gain adds more noise. I have another power supply on the way with a 5 daisy chain. So I'll try using 2 power supplies each with a 5 daisy chain and see if that helps.
                I bought them for you

Comment

Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post
                  Well, I see pedals but no board....
                  All u guys wanna do is troll!
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Also, I think your guitar is broken. Someone put the neck pickup in the wrong spot.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Thx. Yas I did go thru those diagnostics. I figured out that my guitars are quiet (except for my split humbuckers), adding more pedals causes more noise, and that more gain adds more noise. I have another power supply on the way with a 5 daisy chain. So I'll try using 2 power supplies each with a 5 daisy chain and see if that helps.
                      I've found that gain pedals are sometimes very picky. I've got a fuzz that needs to be on it's own power supply and won't share with others.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        Also, I think your guitar is broken. Someone put the neck pickup in the wrong spot.
                        WATTT

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                        I've found that gain pedals are sometimes very picky. I've got a fuzz that needs to be on it's own power supply and won't share with others.
                        Oh ya?
                        I bought them for you

Comment

I love you, man

Comment

Back at ya
                            I bought them for you

Comment

Comment

many of the old fuzz pedals are center + rather than center - so using them with other pedals on the same power supply usually ends badly

Comment

Working...
                                X