Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest iteration... why is it that every time we get something going good, we think "what if....?" And change it up. Either way, I'm pretty much out of room on the pedal board now, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210113_212147_949.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	6048003
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

'07 Epiphone Les Paul plus top: Custom, APH2N(Slash)
    '03 Jackson RR5: Super Distortion ,Jazz
    '03 Warmoth Explorer build: JB, 59
    '07 Squier Affinity Strat: DP401 neck, Phatcat bridge
    '05 Epiphone '58 Korina Explorer: Custom, Jazz
    '16 Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro: stock
    '20 PRS SE Standard 24: APH2B(Slash), 59/A2

Comment

• Originally posted by dystrust View Post
      Pedalboard v7:

While playing around with my new Z.Vex Octane I discovered that it REALLY likes to be gain-staged, and it sounds a lot better before my Tube Screamer than after. On a whim I swapped positions of my UFO & Tumnus, and holy sh!t did it make a difference. Not only is UFO -> Tumnus a cool sound when playing on the clean channel, the UFO seems to HATE the Tumnus buffer. The UFO was really picky about pickup settings and playing dynamics with the prior pedal order, but those issues are in the past now. Not much of an update per-se, but a definite improvement as far as sound quality and flexibility.

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
      Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> EB Volume -> Wah -> EVH Phase 90 -> Loop-Master Clean/Dirty/Channel Switcher™ w/Combinable Loops & Tuner Out
      Dirty: UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Tumnus -> Micro Flanger -> Flashback 2 (Dynamic ~300ms)
      Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> MIJ CE-2 -> Flint
      Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

When combined, the dirty loop is cascaded into the clean loop. The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

longcat board V4:

This update was all about flexibility and options. The Pickle Pie is an awesome bass Muff, but it doesn't do subtle very well. Enter the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes tubes, essentially the Moving Pictures overdriven bass tone in a box. Instead of simple cleanish / really dirty, now longcat has cleanish, punchy overdrive (Microtubes), heavy & thick (Pickle Pie), and insanely over-the-top (Microtubes -> Pickle Pie). The Pitchblack no longer fit on the board, but a friend's shop just happened to have a Pitchblack Mini in limited edition purple.

The board is a Holeyboard Evo amptop; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus located under the board.
      Signal chain is: Pitchblack Mini -> Octave -> Retro-Sonic -> Vintage Microtubes -> Pickle Pie B -> CE-2B -> BF-2​

Original NPBD here, while v2 is here, v3 is here, v4 is here, v5 is here, and v6 is here.​
      Nice to see another UFO! I've had one on my board for the last decade. Lots of others have come and gone but I still haven't found a better sounding fuzz than that.

Cool board!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

That's a "mini"! That looks lethal. What does it do?
        Right! If that's a mini, those are some tiny pedals lol.

Seriously, you did a good job fitting everything in and optimizing the space.

Comment

• Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou

Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

• Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
            The integration is so tight with this one... This is surely a triumph of our thread!

I'm rebuilding my board today -will post.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
              So you did that now, did you?
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Agileguy_101;n5693685
                [ATTACH=CONFIG
                102836[/ATTACH]
                OK. This is the "Lets see the BOARD" thread. In a drawer? Really? Pretentious mother ^%#^$%#. You better be on tour with a stadium band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agileguy_101;n5693685
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG
                  102836[/ATTACH]
                  OK. This is the "Lets see the BOARD" thread. In a drawer? Really? Pretentious mother ^%#^$%#. You better be on tour with a stadium band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucko View Post
                    Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

I'm curious about that green PSU. What brand is it?
                    Completely wrong orientation. Makes board completely unusable.

Comment

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-18-2021, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X