banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any passive aby switch will load things when both amps are on. i have a few different ones and they all do it. find for ab, its the y that is the tone suck. i have the radial twin cities aby and its great. the switchbone is great with even more features

Comment

• I am putting together a new one this week...will post some pics when it is finished.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
        any passive aby switch will load things when both amps are on. i have a few different ones and they all do it. find for ab, its the y that is the tone suck. i have the radial twin cities aby and its great. the switchbone is great with even more features
        I was running into tone suck with either amp; one was clean and the other dirty so I never ran both at the same time. I only ever tried the one Big Shot A/B/Y, so maybe there was something wrong with it.
        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

• Here's my latest iteration. I added in a loop selector:
          Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20201121_195019.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	118.2 KB
ID:	6031192
            Added the Pinnacle Deluxe to the board today.
            1994 Ibanez IC500 Iceman reissue
            Jackson Soloist 7 string
            ESP LTD M-400
            Original Marshall Silver Jubilee 2553

Comment

• Got the Ironman II Mini on the board (somehow lol).
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatOz View Post
                Got the Ironman II Mini on the board (somehow lol).
                That's a "mini"! That looks lethal. What does it do?

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

It's a reactive amp attenuator. It's purpose is to preserve the amp tone at lower volumes, mostly for running amps mostly cranked to get that sweet tone without waking the dead. This is the "mini" version designed for up to 30W amps. The regular goes up to 100W, but it was more than I wanted to spend. In hindsight, it probably would have been more convenient because of the solo switch it has lol.

Oh well, everything fits and I have no desire for more pedals.

Comment

• Originally posted by GreatOz View Post

It's a reactive amp attenuator. It's purpose is to preserve the amp tone at lower volumes, mostly for running amps mostly cranked to get that sweet tone without waking the dead. This is the "mini" version designed for up to 30W amps. The regular goes up to 100W, but it was more than I wanted to spend. In hindsight, it probably would have been more convenient because of the solo switch it has lol.

Oh well, everything fits and I have no desire for more pedals.
                    That's cool. 30 watts would be perfect for me. Yet another thing for me to look into.

Comment

That's cool. 30 watts would be perfect for me. Yet another thing for me to look into.
                      Good deal and good luck with your search!

Comment

• Pedalboard v7:

While playing around with my new Z.Vex Octane I discovered that it REALLY likes to be gain-staged, and it sounds a lot better before my Tube Screamer than after. On a whim I swapped positions of my UFO & Tumnus, and holy sh!t did it make a difference. Not only is UFO -> Tumnus a cool sound when playing on the clean channel, the UFO seems to HATE the Tumnus buffer. The UFO was really picky about pickup settings and playing dynamics with the prior pedal order, but those issues are in the past now. Not much of an update per-se, but a definite improvement as far as sound quality and flexibility.

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
                        Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> EB Volume -> Wah -> EVH Phase 90 -> Loop-Master Clean/Dirty/Channel Switcher™ w/Combinable Loops & Tuner Out
                        Dirty: UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Tumnus -> Micro Flanger -> Flashback 2 (Dynamic ~300ms)
                        Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> MIJ CE-2 -> Flint
                        Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

When combined, the dirty loop is cascaded into the clean loop. The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

longcat board V4:

This update was all about flexibility and options. The Pickle Pie is an awesome bass Muff, but it doesn't do subtle very well. Enter the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes tubes, essentially the Moving Pictures overdriven bass tone in a box. Instead of simple cleanish / really dirty, now longcat has cleanish, punchy overdrive (Microtubes), heavy & thick (Pickle Pie), and insanely over-the-top (Microtubes -> Pickle Pie). The Pitchblack no longer fit on the board, but a friend's shop just happened to have a Pitchblack Mini in limited edition purple.

The board is a Holeyboard Evo amptop; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus located under the board.
                        Signal chain is: Pitchblack Mini -> Octave -> Retro-Sonic -> Vintage Microtubes -> Pickle Pie B -> CE-2B -> BF-2​

Original NPBD here, while v2 is here, v3 is here, v4 is here, v5 is here, and v6 is here.​
                        Last edited by dystrust; 12-20-2020, 09:37 PM.
                        Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                        And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                          Put this together to use with the Journey Tribute band. A buddy of mine gave me the Pedaltrain. The Pedal Snake is great. One cable from the board to the back. The Phase 90 is first in line because it doesn't run on plug-in power, battery only. Don't have to worry about forgetting to unplug the input so the battery doesn't drain.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pedalboard2020.jpeg
Views:	585
Size:	117.6 KB
ID:	6013876
                          Revision. The Soul Food is gone. I got the EVH 5150 Overdrive for Christmas. The Fly Rig 5 v2 is great. Can run it direct to the board via XLR and to an amp or another powered speaker or another mixer via 1/4" out (amp sim can be enabled/disabled on this one). For rehearsals I take just the Fly Rig and 5150 Overdrive. This board setup is for when we can finally get to play out live again.

Attached Files

Comment

• Latest iteration... why is it that every time we get something going good, we think "what if....?" And change it up. Either way, I'm pretty much out of room on the pedal board now, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210113_212147_949.jpg
Views:	1619
Size:	157.0 KB
ID:	6048003
                            "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough" -Mario Andretti

"Cuz we both know I'm just a lost cause, a wannabe poet with a cheap guitar, begging for applause"

Comment

• Originally posted by dystrust View Post
                              Pedalboard v7:

While playing around with my new Z.Vex Octane I discovered that it REALLY likes to be gain-staged, and it sounds a lot better before my Tube Screamer than after. On a whim I swapped positions of my UFO & Tumnus, and holy sh!t did it make a difference. Not only is UFO -> Tumnus a cool sound when playing on the clean channel, the UFO seems to HATE the Tumnus buffer. The UFO was really picky about pickup settings and playing dynamics with the prior pedal order, but those issues are in the past now. Not much of an update per-se, but a definite improvement as far as sound quality and flexibility.

The board is a Holeyboard Evolution Wide; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power Mondo.
                              Signal flow is set up to mimic a two-amp rig I had briefly in the mid 2000s.

Guitar -> EB Volume -> Wah -> EVH Phase 90 -> Loop-Master Clean/Dirty/Channel Switcher™ w/Combinable Loops & Tuner Out
                              Dirty: UFO (fuzz / octave) -> Tumnus -> Micro Flanger -> Flashback 2 (Dynamic ~300ms)
                              Clean: MIJ CS-3 -> GT-500 -> MIJ CE-2 -> Flint
                              Tuner: Korg Pitchblack Portable

When combined, the dirty loop is cascaded into the clean loop. The signal and switch outputs from the Loopmaster go to a junction box hidden under the left end of the riser.

longcat board V4:

This update was all about flexibility and options. The Pickle Pie is an awesome bass Muff, but it doesn't do subtle very well. Enter the Darkglass Vintage Microtubes tubes, essentially the Moving Pictures overdriven bass tone in a box. Instead of simple cleanish / really dirty, now longcat has cleanish, punchy overdrive (Microtubes), heavy & thick (Pickle Pie), and insanely over-the-top (Microtubes -> Pickle Pie). The Pitchblack no longer fit on the board, but a friend's shop just happened to have a Pitchblack Mini in limited edition purple.

The board is a Holeyboard Evo amptop; power courtesy of a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 Plus located under the board.
                              Signal chain is: Pitchblack Mini -> Octave -> Retro-Sonic -> Vintage Microtubes -> Pickle Pie B -> CE-2B -> BF-2​

Original NPBD here, while v2 is here, v3 is here, v4 is here, v5 is here, and v6 is here.​
                              Nice to see another UFO! I've had one on my board for the last decade. Lots of others have come and gone but I still haven't found a better sounding fuzz than that.

Cool board!

Comment

Right! If that's a mini, those are some tiny pedals lol.

Seriously, you did a good job fitting everything in and optimizing the space.

Comment

Working...
                                X