banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

• Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
      The integration is so tight with this one... This is surely a triumph of our thread!

I'm rebuilding my board today -will post.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by LesStrat View Post
        So you did that now, did you?
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Originally posted by Agileguy_101;n5693685
          [ATTACH=CONFIG
          102836[/ATTACH]
          OK. This is the "Lets see the BOARD" thread. In a drawer? Really? Pretentious mother ^%#^$%#. You better be on tour with a stadium band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agileguy_101;n5693685
            [ATTACH=CONFIG
            102836[/ATTACH]
            OK. This is the "Lets see the BOARD" thread. In a drawer? Really? Pretentious mother ^%#^$%#. You better be on tour with a stadium band.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bucko View Post
              Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

I'm curious about that green PSU. What brand is it?
              Completely wrong orientation. Makes board completely unusable.

Comment

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 01-18-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

• Here’s my most recent version.

A couple of notes
                  All powered by Walrus Audio power supply underneath the board.
                  The Blue Note and Talons move in and out depending on what amp I’m using (alternate out for MXR CBA Overdrive and MXR 78 Distortion).
                  The black and green pedal controls post effects in the presets from my UA OX when going direct.
                  The Soldano switcher pictured is routinely swapped out for the channel switcher for other amps.
                  The two pedals in the upper left are normally dedicated to the amps’ effects loop, but can be routed off the line from the volume pedal.

Comment

• Originally posted by DKSEARS View Post
                    Here’s my most recent version.

A couple of notes
                    The Blue Note and Talons move in and out depending on what amp I’m using (alternate out for MXR CBA Overdrive and MXR 78 Distortion).
                    The black and green pedal controls post effects in the presets from my UA OX when going direct.
                    The Soldano switcher pictured is routinely swapped out for the channel switcher for other amps.
                    The two pedals in the upper left are normally dedicated to the amps’ effects loop, but can be routed off the line from the volume pedal.
                    Can you elaborate on you UA OX use? Is it used for DI recording or reduced volume only or in your live rig too -or how exactly?
                    “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Can you elaborate on you UA OX use? Is it used for DI recording or reduced volume only or in your live rig too -or how exactly?
                      Sure.

I’m currently using the OX two ways.

Since I don’t do any recording, it is an integral part of my live rig, mostly for worship services currently since my bands are pretty much on COVID hiatus. It allows me to run direct and use IEMs at church including it’s built in effects (delay, chorus, compression and post eq) and if I’m outside of there I can use it for a direct FOH feed and pass a lower volume to my cabinet as needed, or bypass the cab emulation and use it to just reduce volume.

I also use it to reduce volume for times I want to run my amps at home.

However, I have seen several people locally using them in recording studios and the OX specific Facebook page is full of examples where people are using it as a direct recording unit.

Comment

Sure.

I’m currently using the OX two ways.

Since I don’t do any recording, it is an integral part of my live rig, mostly for worship services currently since my bands are pretty much on COVID hiatus. It allows me to run direct and use IEMs at church including it’s built in effects (delay, chorus, compression and post eq) and if I’m outside of there I can use it for a direct FOH feed and pass a lower volume to my cabinet as needed, or bypass the cab emulation and use it to just reduce volume.

I also use it to reduce volume for times I want to run my amps at home.

However, I have seen several people locally using them in recording studios and the OX specific Facebook page is full of examples where people are using it as a direct recording unit.
                        Yeah, you are using it as I probably would although I am not in a IEM scenario most times -rather clubs and venues with wedges

but like you I would use it for lower volume, and DI with DSP -I'm not a big fan of recording things super wet -so the dummyload/lower volume to push an amp is the only scenario I would use in a recording scenario.

One question -have you ever tried the Roland competing product? I have and was equally impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Yeah, you are using it as I probably would although I am not in a IEM scenario most times -rather clubs and venues with wedges

but like you I would use it for lower volume, and DI with DSP -I'm not a big fan of recording things super wet -so the dummyload/lower volume to push an amp is the only scenario I would use in a recording scenario.

One question -have you ever tried the Roland competing product? I have and was equally impressed.
                          I did try out the Tube Amp Expander. It sounded nice and had some features that could definitely useful like the ability to essentially add an effects loop when your amp doesn’t have one, and a little more control of the attenuation. It reminds me of the Fryette Power Station, but with IRs.

I had already decided on the OX and had it in route to replace my Two Notes Torpedo (great unit in its own right) when the TAE hit my local stores to try (I had tried the OX at Vintage King in Nashville while I was there on a business trip). And I’m pretty happy with the decision.

The one thing I didn’t care for with the TAE, is that the attenuated signal out to your cabinet is essentially a revamped signal (in case you didn’t know), where the signal from your amp goes into the TAE is processed using their reactive load and then run back out using their integrated power amp. There’s not a huge difference, but to me it’s more knowing that it’s happening.

Comment

Here’s my most recent version.

A couple of notes
                            I have that same G-Lab reverb pedal. It’s stoopid good sounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gtrjunior View Post

I have that same G-Lab reverb pedal. It’s stoopid good sounding.
                              Actually, it’s their chorus. I use the Flint for reverb when I need it.

Comment

Actually, it’s their chorus. I use the Flint for reverb when I need it.
                                Oh! I didn’t realize they made a chorus pedal. If it sounds anything near as good as the reverb, I’m sure it’s stellar.

Comment

Working...
                                X