banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bump for convenience
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• OK, heres my latest complete board for gigging. I have 2 others, one for guests in my studio and one for back at the amp/PA only (Effects loops/IR Modeling) that I'll share another time.

I think I'm done for a long time!

A couple of notes
      • Pedal Placement IS NOT Pedal order -placement is based on which pedals interacted with during a song. (Tuner, Compressor, Delay, and Pitchfork are not touched during song)
      • The Flint isn't always on there -it's for having Reverb and Tremelo when I'm not using my amps -like a backline situation where I can't trust the provided amps. When it's not on there it's usually a EHX B9 pedal or some crazy modulation pedal.
      • The 3 most used pedals during a show are the 3 ones most accessible -Archer Overdrive, Channel Switch (Left side ) on Revival Drive and Tremelo engage (Left Side)
      • Blue Tape is settings notes for if I've had a drink or 3.
      • All cabling in tied down and doesn't move freely at all.
      • The Origin Cali 1176 is the best pedal compressor I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot) if you want rich tones and harmonics to just off the amp -this is your desert island compressor.
      • The Revival Drive is incredible -I don't know where to begin.
      • MXR Tap tempo control is actually bolted to pedal board for solid tap timing with foot.
      • I'm not really a "Strymon Guy" but the FLint's 61 Harmonic Trem is superlative, and after testing 7-8 power supplies, the Ojai was the quietest for digital pedal noise tested on a scope (kudos to Strymon)
      • The Revival Drive and FLint sit way higher above in height than the other pedals -which is good as it is easy to stay on them and get to them quickly.
      • All of the pedals fit inside the footprint of the board -if they appear to be hanging off -it's due to the foreshortening and fisheye of the camera shot from 6 ft above.
      • Underneath are redundant power supplies in case of failure when traveling.
      • I haven't added the extra large rubber grip feet on the underside yet -but I always do.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20210208_212234.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	6055206

Underside:

Name:	20210208_212300.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	6055207
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
        OK, heres my latest complete board for gigging. I have 2 others, one for guests in my studio and one for back at the amp/PA only (Effects loops/IR Modeling) that I'll share another time.

I think I'm done for a long time!

A couple of notes
        • Pedal Placement IS NOT Pedal order -placement is based on which pedals interacted with during a song. (Tuner, Compressor, Delay, and Pitchfork are not touched during song)
        • The Flint isn't always on there -it's for having Reverb and Tremelo when I'm not using my amps -like a backline situation where I can't trust the provided amps. When it's not on there it's usually a EHX B9 pedal or some crazy modulation pedal.
        • The 3 most used pedals during a show are the 3 ones most accessible -Archer Overdrive, Channel Switch (Left side ) on Revival Drive and Tremelo engage (Left Side)
        • Blue Tape is settings notes for if I've had a drink or 3.
        • All cabling in tied down and doesn't move freely at all.
        • The Origin Cali 1176 is the best pedal compressor I've ever tried (and I've tried a lot) if you want rich tones and harmonics to just off the amp -this is your desert island compressor.
        • The Revival Drive is incredible -I don't know where to begin.
        • MXR Tap tempo control is actually bolted to pedal board for solid tap timing with foot.
        • I'm not really a "Strymon Guy" but the FLint's 61 Harmonic Trem is superlative, and after testing 7-8 power supplies, the Ojai was the quietest for digital pedal noise tested on a scope (kudos to Strymon)
        • The Revival Drive and FLint sit way higher above in height than the other pedals -which is good as it is easy to stay on them and get to them quickly.
        • All of the pedals fit inside the footprint of the board -if they appear to be hanging off -it's due to the foreshortening and fisheye of the camera shot from 6 ft above.
        • Underneath are redundant power supplies in case of failure when traveling.
        • I haven't added the extra large rubber grip feet on the underside yet -but I always do.

Name:	20210208_212234.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	106.5 KB
ID:	6055206

Underside:

Name:	20210208_212300.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	6055207
        Not enough blue tape. About 30% of the pedals are still visible.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

Not enough blue tape. About 30% of the pedals are still visible.
          HAHAHAHAHA

Yeah, I actually usually have more blue tape to protect the edges of all of the pedals if I want to sell them later (Which is often in the past -but I think I'm close to done on pedals now) -I'm super happy with everything,.... maybe only a more powerful delay is all that would be left in my GAS list.

Aceman actually accused me of hiding the type of pedal -like it was a secret -which is hilarious. ANyone who knows anything about pedals could pick them all out -but it was a great joke by Ace anyways.

I have several Boss delays and a big Line 6 and a few others -but none fit the board, and the vintage Boss get a bit fizzy (especially the DD7) if used at on or above unity. MOdern Delays are better with this -even if they don't sound as good.
          Last edited by NegativeEase; 02-09-2021, 11:04 AM.
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• so what ya think about the pitch fork? the mini cc is ok, and the strymon aint my jam, but the rest of the board is great. even with the tape.

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              so what ya think about the pitch fork? the mini cc is ok, and the strymon aint my jam, but the rest of the board is great. even with the tape.
              Pitch Fork tracks chords well -better than most octave pedals, and as good as a Boss Super shifter -Pitch fork has that classic EHX digital noise though if used over unity -so I only mix it in to thicken the sound -not as a big stand alone effect effect.

I don't need a lot of delay -MXR CC is just enough for me to get 2-3 subtle analog repeats.

Strymon wasn't my jam either -but the Harmonic Tremelo made it a must have and the Tap Tempo options are powerful.

Pitch Black Korg is pretty good, not bright enough display for great daytime use though.

Origin pedals are stellar (they ought to be for the costs)

the Gold Archer drives the Origin Revival drive exactly as needed -adds some crunch and nice separation on arpeggios.

Comment

• Click image for larger version  Name:	F7FCBDEF-8180-447D-8905-6C01066EFC7D.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	6058472I just don’t get much time to get on the forums these days between working all the way through the pandemic and doing extra hours, taking on 2 new dogs after losing my lovely 2 old boys at the beginning of lockdown 1 and now having 2 grandchildren it’s been somewhat chaotic and stressful to say the least. However, I finally got around to swapping in some new pedals and some older ones that have been sat in the cupboard. Gone are the Phase 45, Keeley Comp, Bogner red and La Grange and back in as I’m on a gain kick at the minute is the Timmy, Pharaoh, BB Pre, Prince of Tone and the new Friedman pedals plus the Orange box. Don’t know how long it’ll take for me to decide which of the drive pedals to keep on but it will keep me busy for a while. All powered by a Pedal Power 2 although I am going to get some new link leads and cables to tidy it all up.

edit.
                whilst the Pharaoh sounded good I really couldn’t deal with the bright green LED it was THAT bright. Replaced it with the equally great sounding Fuzz Head.
                Click image for larger version  Name:	88FCD0C9-5ED5-4293-9637-09E25B4EAE56.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	6058722
                Last edited by d1dsj; 02-20-2021, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• I've been playing my TT-Mayhem more than my MT-2 of late. Boosted with an SD-1. Love it. Into my ss Randall with my 2x12 300 watt cab.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by d1dsj View Post
                    Click image for larger version Name:	F7FCBDEF-8180-447D-8905-6C01066EFC7D.jpeg Views:	22 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	6058472I just don’t get much time to get on the forums these days between working all the way through the pandemic and doing extra hours, taking on 2 new dogs after losing my lovely 2 old boys at the beginning of lockdown 1 and now having 2 grandchildren it’s been somewhat chaotic and stressful to say the least. However, I finally got around to swapping in some new pedals and some older ones that have been sat in the cupboard. Gone are the Phase 45, Keeley Comp, Bogner red and La Grange and back in as I’m on a gain kick at the minute is the Timmy, Pharaoh, BB Pre, Prince of Tone and the new Friedman pedals plus the Orange box. Don’t know how long it’ll take for me to decide which of the drive pedals to keep on but it will keep me busy for a while. All powered by a Pedal Power 2 although I am going to get some new link leads and cables to tidy it all up.

edit.
                    whilst the Pharaoh sounded good I really couldn’t deal with the bright green LED it was THAT bright. Replaced it with the equally great sounding Fuzz Head.
                    Click image for larger version Name:	88FCD0C9-5ED5-4293-9637-09E25B4EAE56.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	72.4 KB ID:	6058722
                    Interesting to hear about the obnoxious LED on the Pharaoh. It is on my short list and will likely be my next purchase. Been on a Black Arts Toneworks kick lately and I recently bought a Black Sheep and a LSTR.

Lots of great pedals on your board! Well done!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

Interesting to hear about the obnoxious LED on the Pharaoh. It is on my short list and will likely be my next purchase. Been on a Black Arts Toneworks kick lately and I recently bought a Black Sheep and a LSTR.

Lots of great pedals on your board! Well done!
                      Thanks, I still have a few to get through in the cupboard plus my small gig board to see what I’ll keep. All great pedals but do I need them.... absolutely not and I’m getting too long in the tooth to keep faffing about now my main band of 20 years and come to a grinding halt!

Ref the Pharaoh, it’s a great pedal with many useable options for sure but why they put such a bright LED is beyond me, I will put it back on later and switch it on and see if I can capture just how OTT it is.

Edit.
                      as I suspected the photo doesn’t show just how bright the LED is. I just could not see the settings to adjust it, it was blinding. I will probably try and stick some dark translucent film over it at some point to tone it down.

Name:	2B10519F-CD79-42C5-AE2C-736A8011352F.jpeg
Views:	211
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	6059051
                      Last edited by d1dsj; 02-21-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• cant you put a resistor before the led to knock down the brightness?

Comment

• Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          cant you put a resistor before the led to knock down the brightness?
                          A 10k resister will knock down that brightness easily enough to a much better level. If it's PCB mounted it will require cutting the trace between the LED positive pad and the neck pad, then jumper the two with the resistor.

I never understood why builders make the LED so freaking bright. We don't need the Mars Rover to see if it's on.

Comment

• on bright outdoor stages, ive had plenty that were hard to see but if you cant tell its on, why ya using it

Comment

• Same. If I've had to I'd create a shield with duct tape so I could see the LED. If it's to the point that it hurts my eyes and can't see the controls, it's too bright.

Comment

• I might try the resistor mod at some point but yeah that green light really did hurt my eyes! Maybe it was part of the Egyptian mystique or that the pedal was cursed.

Comment

Working...
                                X