banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what I've been using for my acoustic board lately: Click image for larger version

Name:	20210213_232931.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	6059388

Comment

• whats the 2nd from the right? cant read the purple text

Comment

• Homebrew Electronics Hematoma. It's a preamp/OD. Designed for bass but it is a fantastic dirt box for acoustic guitar.

I also play my acoustic bass through the same rig so it works out well to have an OD that doesn't kill the low end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post
          This is what I've been using for my acoustic board lately: Click image for larger version

Im very curious what all this sounds like with you acoustic.

What do you combine with what? and what are the No No combos that suck?
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

• Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Im very curious what all this sounds like with you acoustic.

What do you combine with what? and what are the No No combos that suck?
            Well, none of them sound like your traditional plugged-in acoustic tone. All pedals off gives me that. I play through an older SWR California Blonde and I'll take a DI to the board sometimes too.

All of these pedals really color the tone and are very wet sounding. All pedals on gives me a wall of noise that is glorious and no one ever expects to hear such sounds from an acoustic guitar.

When I play acoustic, it's the only guitar on the track so there is lots of room to play in. No worries about stepping all over another guitar or anything like that. I play what would be best described as stoner rock. It's pretty heavy and weird but lots of fun!

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam1963 View Post
              Re: Lets see those pedal boards you are using right now.

For your dining and dancing pleasure:

That's a lot of distortion lol
              "On another day of the week I might have a 24th fret but this is a grown ups guitar" - Guthrie Govan

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_215107.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	6063216 This is where my guitar board is at these days. I'll likely be swapping the Mimic delay for a Wampler Faux Tape Echo and I'm working on building a Fuzz Face clone mini pedal. That might replace the EP Booster.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20210308_001810.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	6063227

This is my bass board. The Black Arts Toneworks LSTR, the Dirty Bastard and Chorus, *****es! are new.

The LSTR is instant DOOM in a box. Great addition for the kind of music I play.

The last two are DIY projects. The chorus is a slightly modified CE-2 clone and the Dirty Bastard is a Rat-based distortion box. It has three clipping modes for choosing silicon, germanium or LED. Based on the BYOC Mouse with some additional changes to make it play nice with my basses.

Comment

• Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210307_215107.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	71.7 KB
ID:	6063216 This is where my guitar board is at these days. I'll likely be swapping the Mimic delay for a Wampler Faux Tape Echo and I'm working on building a Fuzz Face clone mini pedal. That might replace the EP Booster.
                      This once looks sort of like a puzzle... nice and tight integration!
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210308_001810.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	6063227

This is my bass board. The Black Arts Toneworks LSTR, the Dirty Bastard and Chorus, *****es! are new.

The LSTR is instant DOOM in a box. Great addition for the kind of music I play.

The last two are DIY projects. The chorus is a slightly modified CE-2 clone and the Dirty Bastard is a Rat-based distortion box. It has three clipping modes for choosing silicon, germanium or LED. Based on the BYOC Mouse with some additional changes to make it play nice with my basses.
                        I like this board a lot.

Comment

This is what I've been using for my acoustic board lately: Click image for larger version

And it looks like there will be some new REVIEWS....
                          Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• Loving the Polytune. Especially the buffer. Huge improvement over my old TU-3.

Still on the fence about the Spark. It's nice, but I'm still undecided about wether I like the "Clean" or the "Mid" setting. I'm leaning towards Mid, but I'm starting to think I might as well use a Tube Screamer, then, and get better results.

Not loving the Decimator anymore. The footswitch is wonky on mine, and it's not really all that transparent either. I hear it thins out the tone ever so slightly.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	20210309_145248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	6063616

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                              Loving the Polytune. Especially the buffer. Huge improvement over my old TU-3.

Still on the fence about the Spark. It's nice, but I'm still undecided about wether I like the "Clean" or the "Mid" setting. I'm leaning towards Mid, but I'm starting to think I might as well use a Tube Screamer, then, and get better results.

Not loving the Decimator anymore. The footswitch is wonky on mine, and it's not really all that transparent either. I hear it thins out the tone ever so slightly.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	20210309_145248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	6063616
                              Just for a little info. A while back I was having issues with one of my ISP G-String’s jacks.
                              I contacted ISP about it. My warranty was way over at this point.
                              I paid shipping both ways but they replaced all 4 jacks and gave the pedal the once over for about $40. It’s like a brand new pedal now.
                              Just spitballing here but maybe because your switch is a little funky maybe that’s why you’re hearing a thinning out of your tone? The signal has to travel through the entire circuit, including the switch.
                              Mine is 100% transparent, at least to my ears anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                                Loving the Polytune. Especially the buffer. Huge improvement over my old TU-3.

Click image for larger version Name:	20210309_145248.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.2 KB ID:	6063616
                                Hmm -making me think I have several TU2s, I think I still have a TU3, and 2 different Poly Tones (both sizes) -I've never A/B'd their buffers -probably should check it.

I use a Korg Pitch Black in my setup because it's the first pedal and True Bypass to let my compressor see my pickups. Otherwise I'd have a tuner buffer first probably.

Comment

Working...
                                X