Blues Drivers. Stock, allums, keeley, analogman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blues Drivers. Stock, allums, keeley, analogman

Haven't played a bd-2 in a while but my memory is that it was way too bright.

My sd-1 through my cranked 1974x clone sounds glorious. Seriously it compresses the signal just enough to make notes pop and changes the eq to bring everything out front. One of my favorite pedals with a Marshall style amp.
    Originally posted by ImmortalSix
    I wouldn't pay more than $300 for a BJ.

Comment

The Blues Driver is a piercing bastard in stock form.

I always forget that I modified mine halfway to Keeley specs (I think I just missed some noise reduction resistors) and I did something that added more mids and bass than the stock Keeley specs, and I assume they all sound like mine. They don't.

Mine sounds glorious for pushing dirty tubes dirtier, hence why I took a stab at the Super Overdrive. This BD2 kills it IMO. But in stock form... not so sure.
      Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
      Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
      Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
      Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

Get on the list for a KOT. I'm only like 9 months away from getting mine lol!

Comment

Im already at the top of the list. Lol. it happened like a week after i bought the bd-2Waza
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

i had a kot. it was a good pedal but i ended up getting rid of it. a friend of mine has it and really likes it but he uses it differently than i did. he uses it as it comes from the factory, OD feeding clean. i loved the sound of the clean but with the settings i liked it was slamming the front end of the amp so there was waaay too much of a volume boost so it wasnt practical for me. still a great pedal though

Comment

Ive just ordered a nobels. I know the Kot is endorsed by jim Weider, but I'm pretty sure the nobels has a fatter low end, which is what im after using a tele thru my princeton II. It also seems to be the default pedal for a lot of tele guys and you see a lot more of them on nashville boards than KOts.
              Last edited by Chickenwings; 10-26-2015, 05:36 PM.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

never tried any of the nobles. which one did you get, the odr1?

Comment

yeah. Ill fill you in after i've used it for a while. Seems to be a good match for teles thru clean fender amps.
                  Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Are Keeley Modded pedals discounted? They don't exist on the website of Keeley.

Comment

looks like maybe he doesnt do mods anymore, or at least doesnt advertise doing them

Comment

He was trying to distance himself from the mods, looks like they are gone now.

His Red Dirt overdrive is essentially his modded tube screamer with an enhanced buffer. I wonder if the Blues Katana is based on his Phat Mod BD2.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

What about Waza Edition BD-2W? Any experience?

Comment

Yeah i bought one. Its a good pedal. Sounds like a blues driver but less of that hard to describe two layer artifact thing going on. More natural decay. The custom mode has a fatter low mid push. I like it. Its definitely an improvement over the stock one and i prefer it over the one i modified a while back too. I still dont turn the gain up much past 10 o clock and usually have it at 9. Its got plenty of output tho so its a good hairy boost, or also useful to put a touch of hair on a big clean amp like a twin reverb at club volumes. Its got a nice lot of dynamic range too.
                            Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
                            X