• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's the consensus on AMT pedals?

This guy made a great rig with AMT preamps

Who took my guitar?

Comment

I have the S1, and it sounds really good when you pair it with a nice IR.

Comment

I just picked up a used F-1 and am very impressed with it's three dimensional tone and speaker simulation. Jammin' little pedal and looks like it will be an awesome way to record keyboards direct... especially my Fender Rhodes.

Guitar tones are very good as I am quite familiar with classic Fender amps. I'm going to give it more than a few minutes when I get the chance... I'm in the middle of recording and taking a break from recording to put a pedal through it's paces isn't always the best idea. My breaks are usually non-musical. lolz

I'll post my thoughts whenever I get some more time with the pedal.
        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

I can't stop playing the Stonehead amp I just bought. It's a fantastic little head! I've owned and played quite a few SS heads in the past. Randalls, Peavey's, Marshalls, Ibby's, Cubes ...but this thing blows every one of those away in the way that it truly emulates tube tone/feel. On just about any setting, I literally can't tell the difference between it and my tube heads both feel/response-wise & soundwise. It's uncanny lol. While the built-in speaker emulated output is great & really speaker-like, I just picked up one of their Chameleon Cab simulator pedals to give me even more options. (Thanks to Wormhelmet for the heads up )

Next up ...I'm keen to try an O-drive or Legend O-1....maybe an S-1. The Reverberry pedal sounds awesome too. Can't believe I did'nt give these a go before....
          Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-24-2015, 12:52 AM.
          "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
          If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Here's a nice demo of the S1. He doesn't list which IR he used but I can tell you that most I've tried are much better than the cab sim in the pedal.

Comment

Working...
            X