banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention Delay Fans (who don't necessarily need the latest & greatest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Delay Fans (who don't necessarily need the latest & greatest)

In the wake of the DD-500 hoopla, Sweetwater is blowing out the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay at $139. That's $10 less than the DD-7.

I got mine. Incoming Bit-O-Honey day!
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: Attention Delay Fans (who don't necessarily need the latest & greatest)

I like the DD-20 much more than the newer pedal, anyway!
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I just pickjed up the Movall Centipede analog delay with true bypass for $60 about a month or so ago. This little pedal has amazed me and I can't believe it was only $60 shipped. It's another one worth checking out if you're not looking for something like the TC Electronic or other higher end delay pedals.
      Soundcloud

Comment

For versatility, the DD-20 is an awesome pedal. Have one sitting in my home rig as I can dial in pretty much whatever I want, and the 4 presets are a huge bonus if you need that kind of thing for live.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

The DD-500 is certainly a much more capable pedal, but they lost me with the stomp switches. One of my most-used sounds is my faux-Andy-Summers flanger+delay. For 30+ years I have gotten that sound by putting my Boss BF-2 and delay (various DM-2, DD-2, DD-3s) next to each other on the board, and hitting them both together with one stomp. I CAN'T DO THAT WITH THE DD-500.

I have traditionally had two delays on my board, one for long echos and one set up purely for slapback. The DD-20 will give me just what I need: several good basic delays, and a few presets to reduce knob-twiddling on stage. It should be here Monday. Woohoo!
          Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
          Rich Stevens

Comment

Hmm...I'm curious to check out the DD-20 now.

Comment

Better hurry.
              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
              Rich Stevens

Comment

Originally posted by toneseeker74 View Post
                Hmm...I'm curious to check out the DD-20 now.
                You and me both. Want to front me the $140 bucks bough lol. I have a DD-3 and I really like mixing it in the signal chain after my mustang processor. Get some pretty neat delay out of it. That's only while I'm at home practicing, live at church I use the settings on the mustang itself. I do however want the DD-20. May have to borrow the one the church has for a while to check it out.
                sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

If you're a big U2 fan, there is always that Korg SDD-3000...
                  Consider this ... a $200 cheapo guitar through a $5,000 MESA amp sounds pretty darn good and a competent guitarist could certainly play a gig with this rig.

However, a $5,000 Gibson guitar through a $200 practice amp sounds like ... well ... a $200 practice amp.

Comment

It's here! Time to rebuild the pedalboard.

Again.
                    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                    Rich Stevens

Comment

Like this:

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                      Rich Stevens

Comment

I used to have a DD-20. I'm not a huge fan of digital delays, but if I ever went with a non-Strymon digital, that would be it. I had one for a while, and loved it until I plugged in a Carbon Copy, which just fits what I want out of a delay too perfectly.
                        Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by no6h View Post
                          If you're a big U2 fan, there is always that Korg SDD-3000...
                          There's also the Boss DD-2 & first revision DD-3 which uses the same delay chip but in stompbox form.
                          Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                          And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

I used a DD20 for a LONG time, 10 years more or less. There were always a few things I wish the pedal did, or didn't do. The 500 on paper looks like it addresses most of my wants.

I for one am happy to see the DD500 incoming! Will boss be discontinuing the DD20?

Comment

Originally posted by B2D View Post
                              Will boss be discontinuing the DD20?
                              That's the way it looks:

Originally posted by Sweetwater
                              Limited-time Offer! 7 days left
                              Lowest Price Ever!

While supplies last, grab the Boss DD-20 Giga Delay for the amazing closeout price of $139 - that's 57% off retail! The price below reflects your savings.
                              http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DD20
                              Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
                              Rich Stevens

Comment

Working...
                              X