Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogman King of Tone

Anyone got one?
    I'm on the waiting list. Is it worth the wait?

Re: Analogman King of Tone

I don't have one, but I have met a bunch of musicians who have them. The common element seems to be.. once you own one, you NEVER move it off your board (for any great length of time). One of my old teachers has had one for about 10 years, and it's the only pedal he's never touched on his board.

(That's not to say that people don't sell them, I mean there IS a used market for them, but I've never met a single person unhappy with theirs.)
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Comment

That's what I was hoping for. I go thru dirt boxes like sneakers..
      My Badass MXR has been on my board for 3 years now. I use it for my rock lead tone on my crunch channel.
      I'm getting ready to order a Wampler Clarksdale OD and try it on my clean channel.
      I am hoping this KOT is my Holy Grail for low gain blues bliss.

Comment

Love them so much I've got two... (High gain and standard. I should have Analog Mike upgrade the first to high gain)

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Love them so much I've got two... (High gain and standard. I should have Analog Mike upgrade the first to high gain)

So should take the high gain mod when they ask?

Comment

The KoT has always intriguiged me, but I am not enough of an overdrive guy for it to blossom past that...
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by Shooter.556 View Post
              So should take the high gain mod when they ask?
              Yes, I don't believe there is a negative to high gain. I generally keep it pretty low, but all standard tones are available in the high gain version.
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have a KOT that's not on either board but it's not for sale. It is an OD flavor that I really like and the 2 channels basically doubles the pleasure, but I like other flavors, too. Right now I'm using a Wampler Ecstacy (since renamed Euphoria) on one board and a Piedmont Aluminum Falcon II on the other.
                I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

PFD,

How do you set each channel? I think I have my KOT set with OD on the right and distortion on the left.
                  I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

My name recently got to the top of the list, but i guess over the last 18 months while i waited i lost enthusiasm for dropping coin yet another expensive boutique overdrive.
                    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by Lazarus1140 View Post
                      PFD,

How do you set each channel? I think I have my KOT set with OD on the right and distortion on the left.
                      Either OD -> Distortion or OD -> OD. I usually keep the left side on, roll back volume for clean, 10 for grit, then OD side for a solo and gain boost stack. I use that base tone to help push the amp's preamp and use some KoT clipping as well.

Ignore settings above, that was literally the day the second one arrived out of the box.
                      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have one I got earlier this year. The two channel setup makes it really versatile. I got the high gain option. I use the yellow "clean boost" more than the red channel although I use both. I think the yellow clean boost behaves somewhat like a tube screamer with the gain turned down, but with a broader and less mid-focused boost; less low-end loss. It has a pretty natural sound. The red channel acts more like a regular overdrive depending on how you tweak it. If you stack them you get a LOT of gain. It's very well made and I have always had great luck with Analog Mike's products.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

You sir...just have a GOOD attitude.

For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Working...
                          X