Favorite All In One Pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite All In One Pedal?

I have to say that I'm quite happy with a lot of the sounds that I can get out of my zoom g3... But the only thing I've legitimately compared it to is a vox valvetronix...

I'm considering upgrading to the G5... For the second expression pedal and extra screens and such...

Anyone compared the G5 to the line six hd500x or boss GT-100? Or even the Gsystem, eleven rack or others? I'm planning to run it into a Recto Verb 25 head and just use the effects.... But may also wanna just use it to run models direct into the PA....
    Last edited by the toad; 09-19-2015, 07:12 PM.

Comment

it has been a while since I have heard a Zoom pedal
      but the last one was a hissing buzzing mess
      EHD
      Just here surfing Guitar Pron
      RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
      SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
      Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
      Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
      Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
      Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
      GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

I was really into the eleven rack after listening to sound samples... But then ran across this vid... It looks like an absolute nightmare to adjust settings...

Ground Control Pro / Eleven Rack Set Up 1 of 2: http://youtu.be/zXosQwedFKE

That's the main draw of the zoom... You just pick what you want on the screens...

If zoom made a foot controller for the eleven rack, that would be killer!
        Last edited by the toad; 09-21-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the toad View Post
          I was really into the eleven rack after listening to sound samples... But then ran across this vid... It looks like an absolute nightmare to adjust settings...

Ground Control Pro / Eleven Rack Set Up 1 of 2: http://youtu.be/zXosQwedFKE

That's the main draw of the zoom... You just pick what you want on the screens...

If zoom made a foot controller for the eleven rack, that would be killer!
          Perhaps look into the upcoming L6 Helix then? Its about $1500 i think, which is probably less than a GSystem but then again it gives you a lot of features & ease or complex setup depending on your needs. Although the GSystem can survive a tank rolling over it, which may be a major plus if ya playing in middle of a battlefield. Other than those an old AxeFX Ultra would work too for both direct to pa & with ya amp. The gmajor/gsystem are more for using with only a amp on stage for effects.

Comment

If they wanted a decent all in one, it would look like a bunch of analog pedals strung up in one unit. I think they tried that in the 80s and it didn't catch on.

I had a Zoom GFX-8 and it was a decent pedal. Great for weird effects, though distortion sucked. I didn't like how it colored the sound and it kind of scared me away from all in ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Diminished Triad View Post
              Between the latest model Boss and the latest model Line6....if narrowed down to those two choices?
              That depends on the features of the Boss unit. Line 6 doesn't really have a brand to restrict themselves to, so they do everything - Boss, EH, MXR, Rat, etc.
              Then again, I don't know what the latest Boss units do aside from their own stuff, much of which have been pretty much "the standard" for years.

If I had it to do over again, I'd look at the Boss unit more closely. I'm not unhappy with the M13, but at the time I was also looking for a straight-up pedal unit to run into an amp, and not an amp sim, which I have plenty of with my rack stuff and VSTs.
              Originally posted by Brown Note
              I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
              My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                Perhaps look into the upcoming L6 Helix then? Its about $1500 i think, which is probably less than a GSystem but then again it gives you a lot of features & ease or complex setup depending on your needs. Although the GSystem can survive a tank rolling over it, which may be a major plus if ya playing in middle of a battlefield. Other than those an old AxeFX Ultra would work too for both direct to pa & with ya amp. The gmajor/gsystem are more for using with only a amp on stage for effects.
                It looks beautiful, and we'll organized and easy to use... Too bad about the digital, compressed sounds it makes in every demo vid I've seen so far... I haven't heard a good sound come out of it yet... Especially for the price, that's half again more expensive than anything else available... G system is $999 at Sweetwater

Line 6 Helix Review - 1st review in the world of …: http://youtu.be/i1fBuSjDnCw
                And
                Line 6 Helix: http://youtu.be/RuZurmlRlUM
                Last edited by the toad; 09-25-2015, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Favorite All in One= ?
                  I still have a Boss SE-50 halfrack that I used to end the 80's and everafter. Used to have a Gallien-Krueger 250 ml that worked great with it.
                  Fast forward to now and I got a Tech 21 Fly Rig5 . (I got addicted to hearing the GK rig lined into the pa board..15s with horns in stereo) It is pretty good though perhaps not as versatile as actually having a real amp. I miss my GK.
                  I now have a NOS Fender Blues Jr tweed with a single 12 Jensen that I also use with the Tech 21. I find that the amp must be eq'ed to accept the Tech 21 but sounds good once one bites the bullet and "flattens" the controls a bit. The delay on the Tech 21 is way easy to use standing up and the plexi section sounds as good as I have ever heard from any source other than real. The boost is easy and very transparent. There is no power except the ac 12v adapter provided. This sux for jams.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by the toad View Post
                    It looks beautiful, and we'll organized and easy to use... Too bad about the digital, compressed sounds it makes in every demo vid I've seen so far... I haven't heard a good sound come out of it yet... Especially for the price, that's half again more expensive than anything else available... G system is $999 at Sweetwater

Line 6 Helix Review - 1st review in the world of …: http://youtu.be/i1fBuSjDnCw
                    And
                    Line 6 Helix: http://youtu.be/RuZurmlRlUM
                    I find youtube digital sounding for everything out there in terms of dynamics. Still, would be worth while to check one in person though before passing on it.

The Gsystem maybe cheaper but its also limited in many ways compared to say a Boss GT pro or even a zoom g5 unit & the effects are mostly TC algorithms, which isn't necessarily bad but lacks variety for some people, not to mention it has some serious roadblocks integrating with different amps. I considered it once long time ago but the user issues I found about it online on their forum kept me from getting it. Too expensive, very reliable but dated features within its effects matrix. The GMajor II probably covers most of its features at way lower price although maybe a touch low fidelity.

Good thing is Fractal is coming out with the AX8 floor unit, which is cheaper than the L6 Helix by a 100 bucks. While helix has ease of UI, the ax8 might just out do it in the core amp tone department.

Comment

Working...
                    X