Keeley DS-9 Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeley DS-9 Distortion

Ive seen alot of threads lately regarding overdrives and dirt pedals. Many of them are regarding Boss DS-1 and the SD. Now of course this is alil more pricey, but about the same or less than if you bought both, but looks ideal. Keeley has basically put both pedals in one box.. And of course tweaked it. just thought Id share. Anyone have one??

Next-Generation Guitar Pedal Effects, Designed and Built in the USA
    Last edited by BloodRose; 09-26-2015, 11:42 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Keeley DS-9 Distortion

Interesting. I occasionally Jones for one or the other, never both, and never enough to get either. Not sure why I'd buy this.

The Sonic Distortion mod pedal is awesome. So is the Keeley DS1. This thing seems like neither.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Unless I'm mistaken, the talk lately has been about the SD-1 from Boss, the Tube Screamer's cousin. This is the Ibanez SD-9, which I believe is a had clipping circuit similar to the DS-1. I'd just do a modded DS-1 for cheaper.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Now TS9 + DS1, that's the Steve Vai pedal….

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Is it? I thought that was two variations of Ibanez pedals..?? I have one, need to drag it out
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Which begs the question of which order do you place them in?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

But with the Jemini you cant run both sides at the same time... which makes it largely worthless over having 2 separate pedals
              "It keeps you fit - the alcohol, nasty women, sweat on stage, bad food - it's all very good for you." -Bon Scott

"Let me put it this way: the 5150 will treat
              you better than any girlfriend, because it screams louder, it's easier to pick up, and it shuts up when you take your plug out." -Rip Glitter

Comment

I have one on order, will provide a sonic report once it comes in...

Comment

Tried out the new pedal this afternoon, really like the DS side, has distortion with more girth, could use this on lots of songs, the SD side's overdrive is much like my Maxon OD808 or my Blues Driver, nothing really special there...

Comment

Again - the SD9 mod is an awesomely flexible pedal.

Comment

Working...
                    X