Opinions on Vox Stomplab 2G?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Vox Stomplab 2G?

I need opinions from you guys on the Vox SL2G. And please no comments like "x pedal is better" etc. I just wanna know what people thing about this multi effect pedal.

Re: Opinions on Vox Stomplab 2G?

Bump?

Comment

never tried one but overall the vox modelling stuff has been decent

Comment

Stomplab 2g...I have had one for a few months now. It is killer value for money spent. Things I like:
        The #1wah...the 847 is pretty good. The #2wah not so much. Travel on the mini pedal leaves you wanting more, but with some practice gives the sound of a full size pedal (90%)
        The delays A1,A2,A3,A4 all easy to dial in and great analog sound.
        The phase, chorus, flange are ok not great.
        The tremolo is nice.
        The verbs are ok nothing to write home about unless your amp is subpar in the verb area...ie a Marshall or clone.
        The amp and cab models are acceptable for modeling but I don't like them much. I have found that the Overdrives (there are 5 of them) are fairly good and like OD1 and OD2 especially well at relatively low levels. The gain one can get from some of the amp models and distortions is impressive but sounds fake to my ears. Probably fun for a kid. Unlike the reviews, it turns out you CAN use any fx or combination without using a list of them. However, you cannot use modulation fx except one at a time, unless the fx is considered a pedal friendly one.
        The fact that you can use batteries make this a great all purpose pedal for jams.
        Things I do not like:
        The manual is useless after a bit and can be misleading. Many people think you MUST use one fx from each category...There is a pair of buttons marked (Effect Type) with Fx On Off underneath them. Press both buttons at the same time to turn off unwanted stuff.
        The battery compartment requires a screwdriver. (Minor gripe)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had one for a minute as a headphone amp. I didn't care for it..
          I literally had it maybe 2 weeks and put it on Craigslist for $40..
          I sold it and bought a Zoom..

Comment

Working...
          X