Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup booster/DI recording

Hi,
    I'm thinking to buy SD pickup booster to enhance my guitar tone when recording, I have a Jackson and ESP with passive humbucker pickups I want them to sound heavier more active like. I don't use an amp, my chain will be Guitar> pickup booster> Mbox3 >computer. I want to know if the booster will help or it will screw up the sound.

Re: Pickup booster/DI recording

The booster will definitely give you a hotter signal going into your interface.
    Are you using amp sims?

As long as you are not clipping the input of your interface, you should experiment to see if it makes the difference you were hoping for.
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      The booster will definitely give you a hotter signal going into your interface.
      Are you using amp sims?

As long as you are not clipping the input of your interface, you should experiment to see if
      it makes the difference you were hoping for.
      Yes I'm using amp sims

Comment

for me a slight volume increase along with the other tracks hushing a bit, helps my solos using sims in recordings
        Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
        http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

The Pickup Booster will give you up to 25dB boost to your signal, although if you want them to sound more clean and clear like actives, you might need to do some EQing. Actives don't sound like passive pickups to my ears, but with EQ you can get close.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            The Pickup Booster will give you up to 25dB boost to your signal, although if you want them to sound more clean and clear like actives, you might need to do some EQing. Actives don't sound like passive pickups to my ears, but with EQ you can get close.
            I totally agree with this; my SG R1 has passive pickups with an active EQ that you can switch on and off ... the tone is different even with the EQ set flat, just taking the EQ in and out of the circuit.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
            X