• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Line 6 Helix

OK - Call me a gear whore!

Just purchased a Line 6 Helix via Sweetwater.com

Now waiting for FedEx's delivery...
    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Re: Line 6 Helix

Looks like a really cool piece of kit. I'd probably have pulled the trigger on one if I was still gigging but I have an AxeFx for recording and an Atomic Amplifire for grab 'n go.
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
    My Music

Comment

It certainly looks cool. But I got the HD500 when it came out, and they only updated it a few times after years of promises. And it had a 'sound' I couldn't get rid of. So while I like the earlier L6 pedals like the M9 and DL4, if I am getting a multifx, the Fractal AX8 is about the same price. And it is Fractal.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Congrats! I'll be VERY interested to hear your review!
        Originally posted by The Commodores?
        "Chicken Brown Chicken Brown Cow"

Comment

what's the scoop on this thang?

Comment

I'm considering it to do away with my pedalboard

Comment

Any up date on this digital board ?

Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Helix is definitely a different animal than any Line 6 product that came before it. Helix was designed from the ground up with a new hardware architecture, new amp, cab and fx models, and a new software UI, just for starters. It's a product that needs the be considered in the class of Kemper, Fractal and Avid.
                Last edited by Max Gutnik; 01-17-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I have to say, I just got the Fractal AX8, and love it. Interested to know how the Helix is. I wasn't a fan of the HD500, but I love and still use my M9.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I have to say, I just got the Fractal AX8, and love it. Interested to know how the Helix is. I wasn't a fan of the HD500, but I love and still use my M9.
                    I'm actually a huge fan of the Pod HD series.
                    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                    Line 6 Helix
                    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I've been looking into the Helix off and on for the past couple weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting one. One thing I discovered on YouTube is that loading third party IRs makes a big difference. Here's a pretty good comparison. The comparison starts at about 4:30.
                      Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

And Pete Thorn's demo is pretty entertaining. He shows some of the different ways that you can blend it with real amps & cabs.
                        Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Originally posted by Gone_Shootin View Post
                          I've been looking into the Helix off and on for the past couple weeks, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up getting one. One thing I discovered on YouTube is that loading third party IRs makes a big difference. Here's a pretty good comparison. The comparison starts at about 4:30.
                          I think after college, I'm gonna get one with a Mission Engineering Gemini Power Cab, however L6 might have dropped some new "game changing" modeling system.
                          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                            I'm actually a huge fan of the Pod HD series.
                            Yeah? I hated that every preset had this 'sound' I couldn't get rid of. I hated the thin AC adapter cord, and the high price for replacement. I hated that there were about 3 updates to the thing that never addressed my problems I had with it.

Comment

So you still need a power amp with the Helix? Either a guitar power amp or a PA power amp?
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X