E-Bow anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Bow anyone?

Has anyone used the E-Bow and how did you like it....My church just ordered one for me and was curious how you liked it and how easy it was to use.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Re: E-Bow anyone?

I have one–was fun to derp around with but never really used it (only once live.) Be careful when you first try it–can really get loud and cause headaches and verbal outrage from those around you

Cool device that can get some really interesting cool tones! Great for sustaining notes as well as getting really cool sounds. Phil Keaggy is a master of it

Comment

I love the 2 I have- one is a vintage one from the 70's, and the other one is from the late 90s. I use mine with a lot of echo and a looping pedal- very fun!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I love the 2 I have- one is a vintage one from the 70's, and the other one is from the late 90s. I use mine with a lot of echo and a looping pedal- very fun!
        Awesome device with loopers

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
          I have one–was fun to derp around with but never really used it (only once live.) Be careful when you first try it–can really get loud and cause headaches and verbal outrage from those around you

Cool device that can get some really interesting cool tones! Great for sustaining notes as well as getting really cool sounds. Phil Keaggy is a master of it

Yes! I watched that video numerous times before I had them order one....I really like the sounds I heard from it....Im anxious to get it and try it.

Comment

Yeah, I love using mine with looping, delays and reverb.

Also, try it on your acoustic, pretty interesting!
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
              Yes! I watched that video numerous times before I had them order one....I really like the sounds I heard from it....Im anxious to get it and try it.
              Partly Phil, so don't expect to get bagpipes from the first try BUT definitely experiment with and don't get discouraged if you don't find it very usable at first. It can be very fun.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Yeah, I love using mine with looping, delays and reverb.

Also, try it on your acoustic, pretty interesting!
              I haven't tried that in forever! Didn't work so well on the old Fender with an old Fishman built in pickup...want to try it now with my Bill Lawrence A300 to see how it does!

I think it really kills it with a solid delay and reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                Partly Phil, so don't expect to get bagpipes from the first try BUT definitely experiment with and don't get discouraged if you don't find it very usable at first. It can be very fun.

I haven't tried that in forever! Didn't work so well on the old Fender with an old Fishman built in pickup...want to try it now with my Bill Lawrence A300 to see how it does!

I think it really kills it with a solid delay and reverb.
                Oh I know for a fact that I wont be able to get bag pipes lol.....Probably NEVER lol.....This things looks like its a finesse effect as well.

wonder if it works on a non electric acoustic guitar?
                Last edited by guitarSQUIRELL; 10-08-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I use mine rarely, but when I do I'm very glad I have it.
                  Originally posted by Aceman
                  It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
                    Oh I know for a fact that I wont be able to get bag pipes lol.....Probably NEVER lol.....This things looks like its a finesse effect as well.

wonder if it works on a non electric acoustic guitar?
                    Ha! Well, you can get the drone sound and with a looper "loop" the drone. But to get the bagpipe sounds he is getting would require bit more sophistication than just plug 'n play lol

I think it would produce a result because it is vibrating the string...how loud I don't know but probably not enough to play live/group setting without a mic or pickup (I HIGHLY recommend the Bill Lawrence A300)

Comment

You're going to have a hard time using an ebow on an acoustic string because, comparatively speaking, they are barely magnetic and very tense.

Comment

I used one on this track. Starts around the second chorus. It sounds like feedback and hangs on until the final note of the tune.
                        http://avatorch.bandcamp.com/track/veronique
                        ahem...you might not want to play this track in church tho....ava tends to use colourful language in her songs
                        Last edited by Chickenwings; 10-08-2015, 06:34 PM.
                        "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
                        Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I can get mine howling on the high setting.
                          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I have one that I use sparingly, but I got it for free so no complaints.

I think I read that James Hetfield used one when they were preparing for S&M to write the orchestra melodies for the songs.
                            Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                            Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                            Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                            Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                            Line 6 Helix
                            Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
                              I think I read that James Hetfield used one when they were preparing for S&M to write the orchestra melodies for the songs.
                              That's awesome if true.

Comment

Working...
                              X