Polarity of the EH Holy Grail Nano?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polarity of the EH Holy Grail Nano?

most of my pedals have a logo thats laid out like the examples on my power supply. Like + o -. (fill in the O) The way its written on the Nano is: 9v - (in the circle) + . Am I reading right that that one is going to be opposite of the + o - ? Just throwing me off that there isnt the full 3 characters.. I guess Im lucky I havent fried that one cuz I been using a regular adapter on it. Figures there would be an oddball. All my other pedals are +o-. My MXR EQ is the same, but it's 18v tho. Thankfully, my power supply has an 18volt port..

Thanks!
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Polarity of the EH Holy Grail Nano?

Standard center negative.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Looks like the original Holy Grail was a center positive 1/8", wild!
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

hmm.. not sure how to convert this one.. Im not swift with this stuff. as I said, most of them are +o-. there is a converter with the thing to flip it the other way. Guess Ill have to keep this one battery powered. thanks for clarifying
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

You could get or make a dc jack to battery clip type cable, only thing to be sure of is to match the battery clip side terminals of the cable with that of a normal 9v cell or rewire the polarity of the cable so that the battery clip side polarity is matching that of a standard 9v cell. That way you can plug it into the battery connector of the pedal as a regular battery, although the power supply better be a reliable one since there usually isn't much or any protection in most battery inlets of pedals. I think such cables are included with a 1spot pack or available separately maybe from them.

Comment

You can get a polarity reversal cable for about 4 bucks on Amazon

Comment

Guys, it's standard 9V DC center negative. No need for special adapters, polarity reversals or anything.

Is this the symbol you are used to seeing? It's the same polarity.

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

So, its just a wacky way to write the same thing? I didnt get that clearly from your first post/response. That would be the cats meow if it is.
                I will say that I had been using a regular adapter with the pedal and handnt had any problems.. So I kinda wondered, but I havent used it much for fear of frying it.
                I got everything rewired (except this pedal and have dropped about 10lbs of wiring/adapters and strips.) My orig board was even more outrageous.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

This some of the wiring I pulled out.. There is still a power strip left that I have to pull out now that I know I can hook up that pedal..

yeah, ghetto rig.. I know.. Gonna be a great change.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                  X