Fulltone True-Path ABY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone True-Path ABY

Anyone use one? Lots of options out there for passives and actives and seems like Radial are the most popular but I like the option, with the Fulltone, to be able to switch the buffer on or off on either output.

Re: Fulltone True-Path ABY

i havent tried one but it looks like a great box

Comment

i get that you like the switchable buffer thing and the idea of an all passive or true bypass signal path so i understand the attraction to the fulltone device, but i can definitely recommend the radial. It does exactly what is needed with no signal degradation or ground noise.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        i get that you like the switchable buffer thing and the idea of an all passive or true bypass signal path so i understand the attraction to the fulltone device, but i can definitely recommend the radial. It does exactly what is needed with no signal degradation or ground noise.
        I'm sure it does since they seem to get good reviews, both the passive Big Shot and the active Twin Cities. So I guess my followup question to you would be whether you have also tried the Fulltone.

Comment

no, ive never tried the fulltone, only the active twin city unit. Also a passive unit from morley which was pretty useless.
          "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
          Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The Morley is TERRIBLE.
            Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
            My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

no, ive never tried the fulltone, only the active twin city unit. Also a passive unit from morley which was pretty useless.
              Most of the cheap passives are all pretty much the same I think. All crap.

Comment

The Morley is not passive; it uses 2x9V batteries; but it may, in fact, work both ways. Not sure...

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
                  The Morley is not passive; it uses 2x9V batteries; but it may, in fact, work both ways. Not sure...
                  There are two Morley ABY's. The cheaper one is passive, the battery only lights the LED's. The other model is active, it has some internal op-amps and adjustable gain for each channel.

Comment

i used the passive
                    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

I've got a Morley ABY but don't recall it taking batteries. Have to check when I get home. While it does have a noticeable amount of cut when you plug in a second cable, I find it isn't so much an issue if you always run two cables out to two targets (rack, amp, etc), and you've got a Dunlop High-Gain volume pedal in front of it.

But then since moving to a Switchblade 8, the ABY gathers dust. It just does so much more for me than a single pedal could.
                      Originally posted by Brown Note
                      I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                      My Blog

Comment

Interesting info on the Morley. I still greatly prefer the Radial, however.

Comment

i used the passive
                          Me too. Not a Morley but the same thing.

Comment

It works better than Radial's ABY box
                            Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                            When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                            Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                            Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                            Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratman View Post
                              It works better than Radial's ABY box
                              With my Jubilee (and several clean amps) the passive Morley seemed to suck less tone than the passive Radial A/B/Y. The active JX2 Switchbone OTOH killed both of them in terms of both tone and features.
                              Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                              And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
                              X