Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The worst pedal you've ever owned?

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I had one of those amps for a quick minute. The only way to get a screaming tone with that amp would be to drop it on your drummer's foot.
    I imagine that looks something like this

Comment

Every Boss Pedal I have ever owned that was not made in Japan. Marshall Hammer is a close second... Tone sucking little vampires, each one of them. Also stock Boss dirt boxes seem to have this signature character I despise.

At least the OD on the jackhammer was decent. If I ever find another one real cheap I might grab it and mod it for true bypass and to make the high gain sound more usable.

Comment

Wait a minute, the Jackhammer isn't true bypass? I used to have one and it seemed true bypass. I even remember the manual saying it was. I might be wrong, it's been a long time...

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's not... The difference between bypass mode and Taking it out of my signal chain was like opening up a bank vault with my cranked amp inside. If I'm wrong about it not being true bypass I must have had a dud.

Comment

Originally posted by Stix View Post
            Wait a minute, the Jackhammer isn't true bypass? I used to have one and it seemed true bypass. I even remember the manual saying it was. I might be wrong, it's been a long time...
            It's easy to tell. Disconnect the power supply or battery and if the signal goes through, it's true bypass; if it doesn't, it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              I really disliked the Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. Granted, that was through a smaller practice amp, but instead of getting both Overdrive AND Distortion (!!!) I should have just bought an SD-1 and DS-1. I ended up trading it for a Boss SD-2(?) Dual Overdrive. A bit better...

Actually, I feel the same about the Vox 847 wah, the Crybaby I bought (used) a few years later sounded much better to my ear.

In fact, look at this signal chain early on:
              Ibanez RX40 -> Vox 847 -> Boss OS-2 -> Zoom 505 -> Peavey Rage
              That's a recipe for tone...
              Peavey Rage. They called it that because it sent you into one with it's tone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X