• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickardgreg
    replied
    Re: The worst pedal you've ever owned?

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    I really disliked the Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. Granted, that was through a smaller practice amp, but instead of getting both Overdrive AND Distortion (!!!) I should have just bought an SD-1 and DS-1. I ended up trading it for a Boss SD-2(?) Dual Overdrive. A bit better...

Actually, I feel the same about the Vox 847 wah, the Crybaby I bought (used) a few years later sounded much better to my ear.

In fact, look at this signal chain early on:
    Ibanez RX40 -> Vox 847 -> Boss OS-2 -> Zoom 505 -> Peavey Rage
    That's a recipe for tone...
    Peavey Rage. They called it that because it sent you into one with it's tone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• IM4Tone
    replied

Originally posted by Stix View Post
    Wait a minute, the Jackhammer isn't true bypass? I used to have one and it seemed true bypass. I even remember the manual saying it was. I might be wrong, it's been a long time...
    It's easy to tell. Disconnect the power supply or battery and if the signal goes through, it's true bypass; if it doesn't, it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

I'm pretty sure it's not... The difference between bypass mode and Taking it out of my signal chain was like opening up a bank vault with my cranked amp inside. If I'm wrong about it not being true bypass I must have had a dud.

Leave a comment:

• Stix
    replied

Wait a minute, the Jackhammer isn't true bypass? I used to have one and it seemed true bypass. I even remember the manual saying it was. I might be wrong, it's been a long time...

Leave a comment:

• ThisDyingSoul76
    replied

Every Boss Pedal I have ever owned that was not made in Japan. Marshall Hammer is a close second... Tone sucking little vampires, each one of them. Also stock Boss dirt boxes seem to have this signature character I despise.

At least the OD on the jackhammer was decent. If I ever find another one real cheap I might grab it and mod it for true bypass and to make the high gain sound more usable.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Originally posted by Securb View Post
    I had one of those amps for a quick minute. The only way to get a screaming tone with that amp would be to drop it on your drummer's foot.
    I imagine that looks something like this

Leave a comment:

• Securb
    replied

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
    Well, like I said. I was trying to to get "screaming" tone out of a Crate 2 x 8 solid state chorus amp.

I was 13. There was no way that was going to work.
    I had one of those amps for a quick minute. The only way to get a screaming tone with that amp would be to drop it on your drummer's foot.

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Yeah, makes sense. When I was 13, I had the talent to make any pedal sound bad. ��
    Tubescreamer pedals are so common that I sometimes forget what a misleading name that is. There are no tubes in them and they're not what I would call "screaming"...
    Haha! Awesome!

I think the Suhr Riot should be called a tube screamer–it makes my Hot Rod Deluxe scream like crazy! What I get out of the Riot is what I expected out of the Tube Screamer...sounds good but I definitely agree the name is misleading in my mind

Leave a comment:

• Stix
    replied

Yeah, makes sense. When I was 13, I had the talent to make any pedal sound bad. 😃
    Tubescreamer pedals are so common that I sometimes forget what a misleading name that is. There are no tubes in them and they're not what I would call "screaming"...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Diamond
    replied

The TS10 wasn't that bad! A little ugly maybe...
    Well, like I said. I was trying to to get "screaming" tone out of a Crate 2 x 8 solid state chorus amp.

I was 13. There was no way that was going to work.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by Redhorn View Post
    Easily Digitech death metal. Such crap. Impossible to find a good tone on it. I still have it though bc it makes me laugh bc its so terrible
    Originally posted by Diego View Post
    I've never tried one, and I find the idea of a Death Metal distortion pedal WITH NO GAIN KNOB simply hysterical.
    Today only! (11/6/15) Get your own Digitech Death Metal pedal for the low, low price of $29.95!
    Musician's Friend adds a fresh Stupid Deal of the Day every day. These deals are in limited quantities so act now to get the best deals across every instrument category.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

I liked my TS10 better than my 9.

Both had equally sucky switches though.

Leave a comment:

• Stix
    replied

The TS10 wasn't that bad! A little ugly maybe...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Diamond
    replied

I'm gonna throw THIS bad oscar into the mix.

Granted...in the pedals defense, I was trying to sound like Metallica through a Crate 2x8 solid state chorus amp

Aaaaaaah...1988. I will never forget you.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Diamond
    replied

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    What did you expect a clock radio to sound like, anyway?

Hooooooooolyyyyy $hiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

I REMEMBER that thing!!!

I was taking lessons at a place owned and operated by a drummer (of course) and he would try to sell that thing to me religiously...twice a week.

He's like "You like Steve Vai right??" "Steve Vai uses this thing."

:/

Stop it.

I really think that thing was for keyboard players.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X