X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TimmyPage
    replied
    Re: The worst pedal you've ever owned?

It's a toss up.. it might be the TC Electronic Hall of Fame or the EHX Soul Food. The Hall of Fame was a well built pedal, and there were a few really cool toneprints, but I could never get it to feel quite 'natural', either for subtle reverb or for longer ambient stuff. I couldn't find a place for it on my board, though I know it works for a lot of other people so I hesitate to call it 'bad'.

The EHX Soul Food is... well it's really hyped up for being one of the first super cheap Klones, and it's neat, but I already have some 'transparent' overdrives that sound better than it, and I found it to be kinda boxy and meh sounding in comparison.

Neither of these are bad pedals, but I'm pretty obsessive about trying stuff and doing my research before buying (something I guess you couldn't really do pre-youtube to be fair) so I haven't had anything outright awful ever.

Leave a comment:

• JOLLY
    replied

When I had my '79 Trans Am, it was the brake pedal.

Leave a comment:

• xxxplorer
    replied

Analogman Chorus... Sounded horrible... Noisy and just bad. Runner up is Mad Professor deep blue delay.

Leave a comment:

• dystrust
    replied

I've been thinking about it for a while, and the only duds I can remember were an MXR Blue Box and a Dunlop 535Q. I know there isn't a ton of hate for either of these, but they just didn't work for me. The Blue Box sounded great in the store, but it's behavior and tracking were completely different when I got it home making it effectively useless. I've shared my opinion on the 535Q a few times... What good are a thousand wah sounds if they all suck?

Leave a comment:

• Progbusters
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dominus
    replied

The Metal Master had a few sweet spots. I'd take one of those over a Metal Zone any day.

The HM-2 does one sound perfectly well. If you don't want that sound, don't get one. If you're after that sound, you need one. (Although the Behringer copy can do it almost as well.) One trick is to use the amp's distortion and just use the EQ knobs on the pedal to cut the noise down.

Leave a comment:

• JeffB
    replied

Not sure I can pick one...I've owned so many freaking pedals over the years...but a few suckage standout effects

Leave a comment:

• Falloffthebonetone
    replied

Originally posted by Zeuss View Post
    DigiTech X-Series Death Metal Distortion. Blows a Metal Zone out of the water, at least a Metal Zone has a mid control!
    The X series version is the Metal Master. The one with no mid control but a morph control instead. I hands down agree with you. Sucks any lows and mids away I had. Inaudible in a band.

Leave a comment:

• Falloffthebonetone
    replied

Digitech Metal Master.

Leave a comment:

• guitarSQUIRELL
    replied

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    WOW you went BACK to the past to find that thing. Looks like an old cable tv receiver lol. That's what I thought it was at first.

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
    What did you expect a clock radio to sound like, anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon View Post
    Still deciding on this one. I hesitate to assign labels right now.
    How about Rocktron Metal Planet? I owned one, briefly, before I experienced just how wretched it sounded through my Marshall.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Gearjoneser
    replied

Arion Distortion when I was 15. Besides sounding like crap, the battery cover and knobs all broke off. It's the only pedal I've ever thrown into the garbage can.

Leave a comment:

• Matt42
    replied

Originally posted by Zeuss View Post
    DigiTech X-Series Death Metal Distortion. Blows a Metal Zone out of the water, at least a Metal Zone has a mid control!
    I can get on board with this. I had this pedal for a few years. It sucked. Terrible dry, cold awful tone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X