X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little Pigbacon
    Guest replied
    Re: The worst pedal you've ever owned?

Still deciding on this one. I hesitate to assign labels right now.

Leave a comment:

• Edgecrusher
    replied

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Supposedly those sound tank Tube Screamers are pretty close to a TS-9.
    They are... only tiny differences in the output section... its actually a TS10 in a different housing though the way the boards were done is pretty hinky. But sound wise they are as good as any other tubescreamer

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose
    Alittle off topic, but the biggest pleasant suprise I ever had in a pedal is an Ibanez soundtank tube screamer. After the Rock Tek, I didnt expect too much from a plastic pedal. The soundtank wasnt too bad.
    Supposedly those sound tank Tube Screamers are pretty close to a TS-9.

Leave a comment:

• Phantasmagoria
    replied

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
    HYSTERICAL!!!!!! I had (and loathed) that VERY pedal!! Same box and all! Of course being my first distortion pedal, I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Till I heard a real pedal.

Alittle off topic, but the biggest pleasant suprise I ever had in a pedal is an Ibanez soundtank tube screamer. After the Rock Tek, I didnt expect too much from a plastic pedal. The soundtank wasnt too bad.
    Wow....they must have sold a TON of those..

I had an Ibby plastic fuzz-wah...that thing sounded fantastic. The only Soundtank I had was metal..(Thrashmetal) ..loved it at the time. They made them with plastic later..

Leave a comment:

• IM4Tone
    replied

Originally posted by Zeuss View Post
    I had a beherenger noise reducer, it was the same thing. Did absolutely nothing, HUGE waste of money.
    How strange. After having no success with the JOYO NR, I bought the Behringer and it worked very well for me? Who knows!

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
    This one?

I agree ...it was my first/worst distortion pedal ever..
    HYSTERICAL!!!!!! I had (and loathed) that VERY pedal!! Same box and all! Of course being my first distortion pedal, I thought it was pretty cool at the time. Till I heard a real pedal.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

I really disliked the Boss OS-2 Overdrive/Distortion. Granted, that was through a smaller practice amp, but instead of getting both Overdrive AND Distortion (!!!) I should have just bought an SD-1 and DS-1. I ended up trading it for a Boss SD-2(?) Dual Overdrive. A bit better...

Actually, I feel the same about the Vox 847 wah, the Crybaby I bought (used) a few years later sounded much better to my ear.

In fact, look at this signal chain early on:
    Ibanez RX40 -> Vox 847 -> Boss OS-2 -> Zoom 505 -> Peavey Rage
    That's a recipe for tone...

Leave a comment:

• Lucy Diamond
    replied

At the time, it was the MXR Blue Box.

I was new to buying gear and the internet was all about "write-ups". There were no you-tube videos or sound clips and all the write ups talked about how legendary this pedal was and how you could do anything with it.

So...I got it...it sucked for me. I had NOOOOOO idea what to do with it at the time. Noise makers were wasted on me.

Now, I would put it on a momentary switch and use it as an abrasive accent but then...I was sad.

Ha ha...I even called MXR because I thought mine was broken.

That was a looooooooong time ago.

Leave a comment:

• Rand-O-Monium
    replied

Behringer "Dimebag" Wah copy...

Leave a comment:

• Diego
    replied

+1 for the Rocktek Distortion here. My first ever distortion pedal. A friend then bought a Rocktek Metal Worker which had 3-band EQ. Then I answered back with a Metal Zone.

Leave a comment:

• Rex_Rocker
    replied

Boss MT-2.

Thing about absolutely almost every Boss distortion pedal is that it takes either a very specific type of amp setup, guitar, or style of playing, or all of the above for it not to sound like a toy. Someone mentioned the HM-2 as the worst pedal he's owned. That pedal is the perfect example. If you're not going for an Entombed-esque kind of sound, that pedal is pretty useless.

Leave a comment:

• Shooter.556
    replied

Too many to count.. I learned thru the years, you really get what you pay for with pedals.

Leave a comment:

• Zeuss
    replied

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
    JOYO noise reducer....It didn't do anything!
    This is no attack on JOYO pedals; I have a number of other JOYOs and really like them.
    for MFX: Digitech RP355...sounded very digital or artificial to my ears.
    I had a beherenger noise reducer, it was the same thing. Did absolutely nothing, HUGE waste of money.

Leave a comment:

• Edgecrusher
    replied

DOD FX55C... thin and raspy

Leave a comment:

• treyhaislip
    replied

Well, I never really had any that sucked, but the one I could not dial in for the life of me was an EHX Classics Small Clone Analog Chorus Pedal...did not play nice with my Hot Rod Deluxe. Sold it and got a MXR Analog Chorus that sounded much better and later sold that to a forum bro...chorus is not a necessity for me. lol

Leave a comment:

Working...
X