NPBD! The "Surf Board"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPBD! The "Surf Board"

I've been wanting to learn some surf guitar tunes for fun, but my main pedals & amp rig was completely unsuitable for surf... no tremolo, no reverb. Useless. My "Fender" amp is a Muchxs blackface Champ, again, no tremolo, no reverb.

So, I decided to build myself a little board mostly out of spare pedals. I had a couple of DIY Fuzzrites to choose from for those spaghetti-western sounds. The BYOC tremolo was sitting unused. I had extra tuners lying around, and the low pedal count meant that my OneSpot would be good enough to power it. I sniped a Boss FRV-1 off eBay cheap, and traded with a guy from the TDPRI for a Jet City Flood delay.

How to keep them all from flopping around on the floor? Hmmm.... how 'bout the old cheapo plywood skimboard that's been sitting in the garage, even though the kids outgrew it years ago? Little trim with the circular saw, strip off the coating of Dr. Zog's Sexwax and genuine Long Beach Island NJ beach sand, slap on a couple coats of Minwax poly, three rubber feet from the parts drawer... and PRESTO!

Last edited by Rich_S; 10-25-2015, 09:12 PM.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Re: NPBD! The "Surf Board"

"And please tell us that you are not playing surf rock stuff" Nice idea, any thoughts on the case for transport protection?
    Need of FUZZ ?
    Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

Re: NPBD! The "Surf Board"

It's really just for home use. I don't plan to form a surf band and take it on the road. I suppose half of a padded skimboard bag would work well, though. LOL

BTW, my nephew Eddie Dixon rides for Exile skim boards. He won the amateur division championship in Brazil last year.

Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
      Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Working...
      X