Which Wah Should I use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Wah Should I use?

I own both the Zakk Wylde Dunlop wah and the Dunlop Crybaby 535q wah but I'm not sure which to use. I like the sounds on both pedals but I don't know which I like better. Any useful advice is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Which Wah Should I use?

535Q's are a very versatile wah; you can dial in the Q, sweep, and output. Hard to beat all that. Wherever you're playing, whatever you're playing, you should be able to get the wah sounds you want.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

get a plank and attach it to the treadles on both and run the pair of them simultaneously like the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan did on this track:
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Originally posted by blueman335 View Post
        535Q's are a very versatile wah; you can dial in the Q, sweep, and output. Hard to beat all that. Wherever you're playing, whatever you're playing, you should be able to get the wah sounds you want.
        Or maybe thats a reason NOT to use it live!

Just throw one on the board depending how you are feeling.
        TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Kamanda~SD View Post
          Or maybe thats a reason NOT to use it live!

Not following the logic. If the room acoustics or the way the band sounds or the songs you're playing don't seem to fit your wah sound, it would be a big advantage to have one whose tones you could adjust on the fly. With a wah that you can't adjust, and it's sound isn't working at that gig, you're kind of stuck.
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

The Zakk is a very deep, vocal wah. I'd setup the 535Q as a high, quacky wah and have the option of two distinct wah tones depending on the mood and day.

(If you wanted to sell one, the 535Q should be able to get close to the Zakk tone)
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              The Zakk is a very deep, vocal wah. I'd setup the 535Q as a high, quacky wah and have the option of two distinct wah tones depending on the mood and day.

(If you wanted to sell one, the 535Q should be able to get close to the Zakk tone)

Right, you can get a wide variety of warm to bright tones from a 535Q, which makes it ideal for stage work, 'The Swiss Army knife of wah pedals', in a second being able to adjust Q, select 6 different sweep ranges, and a volume boost.

Comment

If in doubt, use both SRV style.

Comment

Originally posted by skeleton bob View Post
                  If in doubt, use both SRV style.

What kind of music is this guy playing? Not everyone is enamored with SRV.

Comment

I play a bit of blues, hard rock, and my main music of choice to play is metal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

In fact we cannot decide, you NEED to. All pedals ever made have their antagonists and fans and different definition of good sound in metal, funk, blues, kinder metal etc. You've got two wahs, use live both and this one which isn't too muddy or treble you'll use. If you're talking in case of selling one of them I'd sell Zakk, easier to deal and is more expensive. In metal may be Zakk better (made for it) but much more fitting in most known styles will be 535Q, but as said above you make your tone and your ears should decide. We can recommend good pedal if someone's going to buy any, but this decision should be up to you. Try, try, try.
                      Need of FUZZ ?
                      Need of CENTAUR ?

Comment

Working...
                      X