banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Board is 90% done!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Board is 90% done!!

    I decided to make a new thread on my board progress since the last thread was convoluted with some other ideas and input as well.

    This will be board #1. This will be my go to board. Once Ive settled on design and all, Ill build a second board for just "color" effects. Flanger , phaser, etc.

    I say Im 90 % done as I am most likely going to change the way I have the pedals mounted. (the zip ties leave em flopping around) And, will probably change the Raptor pedal to something else, but dont know yet. Otherwise, Im set on pedals and wiring is done.


    First, Ill throw in a pic of my very first board.. Good intentions, but poor execution.

    The Titanic:



    My new board with initial wiring and layout:



    wiring looked like this, only keep in mind it was tucked in alot better and contained with zip ties. I just put it back in place to show the difference:



    So, changed layout: This is pretty much finished !!!



    changed wiring:




    Much better!


    Got rid of this much confusion and weight: This pic doesnt even contain the full power strip I was using.



    I laid the pedals out so I can tie the bottom shelf to the top and run them all to the front if I choose too, or I can run the bottom shelf to the front of the amp and the top shelf to the loop..
    BloodRose
    Professional Scapegoat
    Last edited by BloodRose; 10-31-2015, 09:34 AM.
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

    Jol Dantzig

  • #2
    Re: Board is 90% done!!

    The first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time.

    The final 10% of the work takes the other 90% of the time.
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens


    "I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Board is 90% done!!

      Originally posted by Rich_S View Post
      The first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time.

      The final 10% of the work takes the other 90% of the time.
      i found this to be true in all the projects i have done in the past.. tieing up all those damn loos end and finishing touches takes forever + when i get real involved with a project.. my OCD's about "as perfect as my skills will allow" kicks in

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Board is 90% done!!

        [QUOTE=Rich_S;3884682]The first 90% of the work takes 90% of the time.

        The final 10% of the work takes the other 90% of the time.[/QUOTE

        LORD, I hope not!! But yeah... the worse two things, were powering everything up with the initial config on the smaller board. then I got one spots and that helped, but one of the pedals is 18 volt so still had to rig an adapter and one of the others, I couldnt get the onespot chain to , and had another adapter. but the one spots really cleaned things up.. The next hardest thing, is when I wired up the power block I tried to bundle as many cords as I could in the sheaths. (proper term eludes me now.) trying to pry those open with my thumb nail.. ouch.. But its hard to see in the pick, but its much cleaner now. Extremely lighter, and all the fuster cluck of wiring is gone..

        Just gotta figure out the final pedal mounting.
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

        Jol Dantzig

        Comment

        Working...
        X