Recommend me a delay pedal, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Recommend me a delay pedal, please.

I too love my carbon copy, when I bought it I compared it in the store with the Malekko and it came out on top. In the normal mode they were pretty similar, but with the modulation on the CC won hands down. The thing about the CC being dark really depends on the delay time, the longer the time the darker it is, but even on longer repeats I don't think it gets too dark.
    sigpic
    Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

That there Obscura pedal looks awesome.

Comment

What?! No love for our own Vapor Trail Analog Delay?! You get repeats with the right amount of brightness/darkness, mod controls on the outside, an insert jack that lets you send the delays out to a separate amp or another effect (I like using phaser or another delay in the loop), and a cool blinky blue light? I tell ya, no respect...
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          What?! No love for our own Vapor Trail Analog Delay?! You get repeats with the right amount of brightness/darkness, mod controls on the outside, an insert jack that lets you send the delays out to a separate amp or another effect (I like using phaser or another delay in the loop), and a cool blinky blue light? I tell ya, no respect...
          I was just coming here to wonder why nobody had mentioned it! I have seriously considered picking one up to use with my CC so I can have two delay settings of different flavors.
          Originally posted by Rockstar216
          Musician thinking - nice strat, looks like a 62, that Marshall JCM 800 sounds great, the lead guitarist could use a bit less treble

Bar patron thinking - Wonder if these guys know "Free bird"?

Comment

Because you keep saying "gritty" I need to recommend the Maxon AD999.

It's pricey but it is EXACTLY what you are looking for. I returned mine for the red one (The AD999Pro) because I didn't like the grit of the 999.

The AD999's are absolutely gorgeous delays. If you want the grit...go with the 999 if you want the same delay only clear....go with the 999pro.

Both are sick. The purple one is the gritty one.

Enjoy and good luck,

~LD
            For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

I'd love to try one, but they are as rare as unicorn poop in this part of the world. Boss and MXR and Strymon is always readily available...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Nacho8807 View Post
                I was just coming here to wonder why nobody had mentioned it! I have seriously considered picking one up to use with my CC so I can have two delay settings of different flavors.
                *ahem second reply cough cough*

But if the OP can't find it, he can't find it. *shrug*
                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I currently own my favorite delay I've ever owned.

Empress Tape Delay

Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

I also really dug the tones of the Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport...if it was tap, I'd still have it.

Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Thanks a bunch for the replies, dudes!

Some really interesting stuff. The Maxon AD-999 is a bit large, but the AD-10 seems killer as well.

The Empress and EQ stuff looks killer as well, but a bit over my budget.

Comment

EDIT: Oh ****, didn't see your budget! I think the Vapor Trail is around your budget, and it sounds nice.
                        Originally posted by Myaccount876
                        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

YEAH - GOTTA AGREE THE MAXON 999 IS EXACTLY WHAT HE NEEDS.

MAYBE AN OLD IBANEZ AD99

Originally posted by Bad City
                          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Sorry, felt this thread needed a little humor

Comment

TCE Flashback Delay Mini

Comment

Oh, hey, there's also the Moog Minifooger Delay... But while it is incredible sounding, it is neither cheap, nor small.
                                "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Working...
                                X