banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy hell, what an expensive impulse buy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Holy hell, what an expensive impulse buy.

That is awesome!!!! \m/
    Guitars:
    Schecter E-1 FR S (Sustaniac/Apocalypse), LEF EXP (Mayhem Set), Schecter C-1 Classic (Jazz/Distortion), Squire Affinity Strat (Hotrails)

Amps:
    Peavey MX VTX, Bugera 333x Infinium

Pedals:
    AMT SS-11B

Comment

WOOOW EEEE. Clips clips clips. That's probably the nicest looking one I've seen
      TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

Dude...it's....amazing.

Enjoy in good health and may your days get better.

\m/,
        For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

For what it's worth, this thing definitely makes my days better. I really want to get some clips up. I'll see what I can do about that.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Impulse buys are usually the coolest scores. If it takes you 3 minutes to make up your mind, your instinct is probably right.

I run across Space Echoes once in awhile on CL, but they're rarely in collector condition like that one.

I vaguely remember the guys from Judas Priest saying they used the Space Echo with their Marshalls.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The preamp of the space echo makes my Egnater SW45 sound beyond magical, whether it's on the plexi or 800 input. And that's without even using the delay itself.
              Custom neck-thru strat
              1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
              1995 PRS CE24
              D'avanzo #8
              Breedlove Solo Concert
              1996 USA Dean Baby Z
              1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                For what it's worth, this thing definitely makes my days better.
                FANTASTIC gear buy and a worthwhile investment for a gearhound such as yourself.

The fact that it can somehow make your days a little better is absolutely wonderful and priceless if you ask me, so the price tag was most likely worth it no matter how high.

And if it's something you've always wanted but just now had the balls to shell out the coinage... it's not really an impulse buy. You're a good guy and very deserving of this fine piece of gear. Congratulations J!
                Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I'll tell you what, I found delay+reverb heaven - El Capistan -> Space Echo -> 70's Reverb Unit. It's just phenomenal sounding.

I really need to make some clips.
                  Custom neck-thru strat
                  1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                  1995 PRS CE24
                  D'avanzo #8
                  Breedlove Solo Concert
                  1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

yes you do. Call in today and make it happen!
                    TOUQUE ROCK...EH???? I AM CANADIAN

Comment

This thread has prompted me to think I may need to look into buying a Fender Tube Reverb unit.
                      Just wished they were Tweed covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Agileguy_101 View Post
                        The preamp of the space echo makes my Egnater SW45 sound beyond magical, whether it's on the plexi or 800 input. And that's without even using the delay itself.
                        That's pretty much the point of the Echoplex preamp pedals like the Chase tone and Badgerplex... and now Dunlop and a few others. All around really good preamps in those vintage echo units.
                        Best amp tech I've ever had and hands down one of the best electronic/sound wizards in the NC Piedmont.

Comment

Originally posted by IM4Tone View Post
                          This thread has prompted me to think I may need to look into buying a Fender Tube Reverb unit.
                          Just wished they were Tweed covered.
                          You absolutely need one. They're so much better than any fender amp reverb I've played, for a few reasons:

You can put the reverb past 3 without being overwhelmed by a wash of springs.

Between the mix and dwell controls, you can dial in just the perfect amount of reverb, and you can control how it sits on (or overwhelms, if you want it) your tone.

A tone control. Extremely underrated feature for a reverb.

You can put it anywhere in your signal chain. I personally think it sounds better in front of a clean amp (after dirt pedals of course, but you can also do before if that's your thing) than wherever it is in a twin.

And maybe it's just my unit, but mine actually sounds less springy at low to medium dwell settings than any fender amp reverb I've tried - more like a plate than a spring. It's honestly the perfect reverb for me, and worth every bit of what I paid for it.

If I get around to making clips of the space echo, I'll be sure to do the reverb unit (with the Space Echo and on its own) as well.
                          Custom neck-thru strat
                          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
                          1995 PRS CE24
                          D'avanzo #8
                          Breedlove Solo Concert
                          1996 USA Dean Baby Z

Comment

im drooling on my keyboard. That is just super cool. Congrats man
                            Originally posted by Empty Pockets
                            yngwie sounds like an orchestra of cartoon bees.

Comment

Working...
                            X