X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chickenwings
    replied
    Re: Do you reckon this would work?

Well...i ordered one. Ill let you know if it works.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

18 month warranty and i can get it from my local big chain store

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

If you get it though, try it out for a week to see if it doesn't start going bad prematurely. These power banks tend to be a mixed bag in QC even from known brands sometimes

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

ok so the Anker customer support said that the capacity is the same (20,000) regardless of output voltage so i guess that means it has 4x the storage capacity of the volto.
    Basically both of our maths methods were a complete waste of time and flawed! lol
    so....20,000 minus 35% is still 4x more than 5000 minus 35%.
    Looks like its a winner.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-12-2015, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

My math sucks! Lol

Well practically expecting a loss of 35% from the 8222mA, it should be about 5345mA at 9v, i guess thats higher than volto unless their total capacity is rated at 9v as well. But we still don't the 20A rating is for what voltage/wattage so can't say much.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
    I meant the battery voltage in regards to the power rating. We don't know at what voltage its rated to have 20A capacity. So if its something like 3.7V(37Wh) for 20Ah then at 9V it will have less total current capacity.
    if you get 20000mah at 3.7v then i guess you'd get 74000 at 1v
    if you get 74000 at 1v then you'd get 8222 at 9v.
    That's still more than the volto innit?
    disclaimer....my maths method might be way off!

and ive asked customer support at anker if they can give us an answer too
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-11-2015, 09:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Hey man thanks for all the info.
    Re: the dm-2. It is a fairly dark delay which is why i like it. I always wish more units had a tone control so i could roll off a bit of treble on the repeats. However, it is definitely clearer than the carbon and the thing that i really prefer about it is that your initial tone is not adversely affected. I founf that just turning the cc on and reducing repeats and time to zero, it still had quite a noticeable "narrowing" effect on all the frequencies. The boss just sounds nice and warm without doing much at all to your precious tone.
    On that front, my old deja vu delay is superb at keeping the initial tone intact which is why i bought it initially (that and the tap tempo/ratio controls). The unaffected initial tone is so good tho that i guess i prefer how the true analog boss pedal kinda naturally mixes the intial sound and the ever darker repeats into a retro gumbo. For slapbacks particularly i think it is excellent and good organic fun to use. I'm not criticising the deja vu cos it does what it does really well. I just find that for my context i kinda like the more spongy feel of the boss.

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

I meant the battery voltage in regards tothe power rating. We don't know at what voltage its rated to have 20A capacity. So if its something like 3.7V(37Wh) for 20Ah then at 9V it will have less total current capacity.

Looking at the product page of some of those boss pedals, they seem to have removed the specs for idle current draw with the new website redisgn. Not a issue since most of those aren't power hungry. And might as well consider the current draw with those turned on.

I can just guess why the volto was discontinued. These Lipoly batteries don't have very long recharge life cycles & some digital pedals(tc flashback draws 90mA for e.g) have much more draw than most analog pedals. So most people must have ran out of juice pretty quickly than they were expecting & got fed up of recharging or the batteries started dying sooner. Another thing maybe the noise issues. Although they claim since it's battery powered the noise is lower, i dont think all the digital pedals were okay with the daisy chain power & that the white noise floor didn't go up with more pedals especially buffered ones. But since i haven't tried the volto i dont know if it worked without any issues. They don't mention the battery voltage either in the specs.

Before you get one of these battery packs, borrow a volto & test for noise issues with the cae wah. With the boost engaged & gain all the way up it tends to reveal noisy psu's in the heel position, especially daisy chained. The volto may have better filtering on its output than these commercial ones though.

Edit: i wonder what they did with DM2 to get longer delay time with cleaner repeats when the custom mod toggle is used. Good to know its not alot darker sounding like the CC.
    Last edited by Hank-; 11-11-2015, 01:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    replied

Anker have a pretty good product support on their site. I was looking at the questions people were asking and they seemed to answer every question so i guess ill ask them some of the stuff you have asked.
    They don't mention the power rating along with the advertised capacity.
    What do you mean by power rating? Sorry if its a dumb question but this is why im asking you guys.
    Another thing is expect not to be able to use 35% of that total capacity ever with most all these kinds of battery packs.
    yes thats all fine. The Pedaltrain volto only has 5000mah so losing 35% of that leaves only 3250mah.
    Losing 35% of 20000 gives you 13000.
    Since those are all buffered pedals(odr1 idk), not sure what the idle draw would be when all are bypassed. Boss has a habit of mentioning the details on each product page though so that should be easy to find out.
    yeah i had a look at the boss site. The most power hungry is the delay which needs a whopping 35mv! The tuner uses 30mv in normal use...i guess that is to power the LED display. The sd-1 uses 6 and the bd2 uses 18. All up i think i need something like 150mv max if they are all turned on. From what i understand about true bypass pedals is that they are "always on" just the audio signal bypasses the circuit and the LED turns off. As such im sure the boss pedals dont use much power when disengaged.
    Then you'll need to contact the anker guys to know what that 20A rating is for in either Volts or Wh values.
    [/QUOTE]
    What voltage or wh value should i be aiming for?
    And, your missing a review for the DM2-W
    yeah...i kinda just didn't. Im getting slack. I guess i started using analog delays in the 80s so its basically just the same recipe as the old ones. Maybe its got a lower noise floor. It can definitely go longer withe custom mode. What can i say? I like it better than the carbon copy and i like it better than my deja vu. The delays are nice and smooth and it feels good to use. Its a great pedal if you like analog delays. it doesnt really do anything other pedals cant do. Its just a nice warm BB delay.

FWIW this is all the info I can get about the specs on the pedaltrain volto:
    Cell Type: Li-polymer battery
    Capacity: 5000mAh
    Input: DC 5V, 1A
    Output: DC 9.0V 2000mA
    And it seems to work pretty well. My old buddy used to use one to power his 5 pedals at gigs and never had a problem. I wonder why pedaltrain have discontinued them. The seem like a genius idea to me. Maybe they found too many people were using up all 5000mah quickly. I guess some of those modern strymons and stuff use around 250mah.
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-10-2015, 07:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hank-
    replied

They don't mention the power rating along with the advertised capacity. Another thing is expect not to be able to use 35% of that total capacity ever with most all these kinds of battery packs.

Since those are all buffered pedals(odr1 idk), not sure what the idle draw would be when all are bypassed. Boss has a habit of mentioning the details on each product page though so that should be easy to find out. Then you'll need to contact the anker guys to know what that 20A rating is for in either Volts or Wh values.

And, your missing a review for the DM2-W

Leave a comment:

• Chickenwings
    started a topic Do you reckon this would work?

Do you reckon this would work?

do you reckon i could power all this:

with this:

the battery holds 20000mah which is 4x bigger than the pedaltrain volto.
    It can also output 2000ma at 9v which is the same as the volto.
    The most power hungry of the pedals in the pic only uses 18ma.
    Am I missing something?
    Last edited by Chickenwings; 11-14-2015, 05:41 PM.
Working...
X