Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strymon timeline pedal

hi, guys
    would you guys know, is the strymon timeline pedal a hand built pedal????
    thanks for your time,

all the best, bluesfloyd.

Re: strymon timeline pedal

What do you mean "hand built"?

The boards are, in all likelihood, machine pick and placed and oven reflowed. The boxes are then probably hand assembled.

Depending on the scale of Strymon, the boards very well could be outsourced, or they may have a machine in house. It's very much a piece of electronics/tech.

It's a very cool pedal, the models are really good, and by dialing it in you can get some very nice and convincingly modeled tones (as well as out-of-this-world tones).
    Last edited by PFDarkside; 11-10-2015, 12:02 PM.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Pedals like the Timeline really can't be handwired because they're complex digital designs along the lines of rack units. I can attest that Strymon pedals are well built and have high quality switches, which is the most important thing. Cheap switches are what you get with cheaper pedals.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

The components of Strymon pedals are precision machine built and then those finished components are hand assembled.

There are several people involved with building a single Strymon pedal and I assure you they are built like brick $h!t houses.

Each pedal is also tested and inspected by a person.

This information comes from a phone call I had two years ago when the Blue Sky was introduced.

Sick Sick SSSSSSsssssssick pedals.

Enjoy in good health.
        For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

I noted that Andy Timmons has forsaken his two Memory Man pedals for a Timeline. I love his delay tones, so that really got my attention.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

hi guys,
            I started this thread asking about the strymon timeline pedal being hand built, some good feedback from you guys so far, what's really on my mind is that I have narrowed my delay pedal search down to, eventide timefactor or strymon timeline , mainly for the large banking and storing preset options,
            so the new question from me to you guys, timefactor or timeline ???? is timefactor built better then timeline???? please can you guys help me choose, I know there is a eventide H9 but I think that's more a multi fx unit yes/no ???? just looking for a delay pedal at the moment,

Comment

I concur with GJ and LD, my Timeline (and other Strymon pedals) are extremely well built. That being said, I'd have no qualms about buying an Eventide product either. I'd base my decision on tone and how well it integrates into your rig, rather than build quality. (I know you have some challenges on that front, I think with MIDI switching and bank/patching, either one would be a good candidate for you)
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
                I concur with GJ and LD, my Timeline (and other Strymon pedals) are extremely well built. That being said, I'd have no qualms about buying an Eventide product either. I'd base my decision on tone and how well it integrates into your rig, rather than build quality. (I know you have some challenges on that front, I think with MIDI switching and bank/patching, either one would be a good candidate for you)
                +1

They're both excellent pedals and extremely well built.
                Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

If your considering the eventide timefactor then consider their H9 pedals as well, same algorithms as the factor pedals. That can do other effects too along with delay. The timeline is a great sounding unit too.

All good stuf to choose from here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hank- View Post
                    If your considering the eventide timefactor then consider their H9 pedals as well, same algorithms as the factor pedals. That can do other effects too along with delay. The timeline is a great sounding unit too.

All good stuf to choose from here.
                    hi,
                    would you say the H9 is a delay pedal or a multi fx pedal????
                    thanks guys for your time,
                    bluesfloyd.

Comment

The H9 is a very powerful and compact multi-effect unit that really needs a midi controller to be effective live.

The timeline and the timefactor have everything you need to switch on the fly right out of the box.

[Because it is the internet] It can be argued that eh H9 is fully switchable on its own. The issue is whether or not you are comfortable with banking and scrolling live in between your songs. From my experience, even when I'm at home or in the studio or just writing with people I don't want to be bothered with a scroll wheel.
                      For the record, Lucy Diamond is a stage name and a movie reference and I'm a guy.

Also, the Dimarzio PAF Pros that came in my 1991 Blue Floral Ibanez Jem are some of the best paperweights ever made.

What are you doing right now? Thread.

Follow me on Instagram: @LucyDiamond777

Comment

Originally posted by bluesfloyd View Post
                        hi guys,
                        I started this thread asking about the strymon timeline pedal being hand built, some good feedback from you guys so far, what's really on my mind is that I have narrowed my delay pedal search down to, eventide timefactor or strymon timeline , mainly for the large banking and storing preset options,
                        so the new question from me to you guys, timefactor or timeline ???? is timefactor built better then timeline???? please can you guys help me choose, I know there is a eventide H9 but I think that's more a multi fx unit yes/no ???? just looking for a delay pedal at the moment,

Can I ask what types of delays you're looking for specifically?
                        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                        Line 6 Helix
                        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy Diamond View Post
                          The H9 is a very powerful and compact multi-effect unit that really needs a midi controller to be effective live.

The timeline and the timefactor have everything you need to switch on the fly right out of the box.

[Because it is the internet] It can be argued that eh H9 is fully switchable on its own. The issue is whether or not you are comfortable with banking and scrolling live in between your songs. From my experience, even when I'm at home or in the studio or just writing with people I don't want to be bothered with a scroll wheel.
                          I'd argue the same for the Timeline and the Timefactor. Guthrie Govan used one of the Eventides when he toured with Steven Wilson and was using a MIDI controller to take full advantage of the different delays of the fly.
                          Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                          Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                          Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                          Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                          Line 6 Helix
                          Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by bluesfloyd View Post
                            hi,
                            would you say the H9 is a delay pedal or a multi fx pedal????
                            thanks guys for your time,
                            bluesfloyd.
                            Well the H9 gives you all the best effects from the Factor series of pedals(timefactor,modfactor,pitchfactor) in box. The H9 core allows you to buy whatever specific effect types from the factor series pedals & some non available in those & unique to H9. Its nota multieffect unit since you cant use more than one specific effet at a time, but presets can be saved on it & changed using its own footswitches. External switch option is also available i think thereby making it as effective as the timefactor i guess for live use.

Comment

Working...
                            X